Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awtkn- nbn technicians on PSB

Hi all
    I would like to know if we have ppl working for NBN on the forum. More specific NBN tech. If we do have and you want to stay anonymous, please PM and we can take it from there . If not we can discuss it here. Reason for this is, I have signed up with Aussie Broad Band for NBN connection and VoIP and asked if my current phone number can be ported over from Optus to VoIP. They said they can do it. After signing up I have receive an email saying that I will receive an SMS advising of appointment / installation date with NBN with in 24-48 hours. This was last Thursday.
    Today I rang ABB and got advised they are having difficulties getting an appointment from NBN. I have rang NBN on 1800 687626 and have been advised that appointment is pending. I have a suspicion that there is more to it I am led to believe.

On another note, and another question people who have signed up for NBN FTTN how long did you have to wait to get connection/ activation?
    Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
    remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
    Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
    Who died while defending his right of way;
    He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
    But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

I am with IInet, and I had to wait about 2-3 weeks after signing up;

on the day of install, it didnt work due to NBN Co getting my address mixed up between 40, 40A, and U1/40; my address registration was screwed up.... took additional few days after and some chasing around to get it sorted.

It was like when your ISP has issues with Telstra lines... throw their hands up and say "Its XXXX issue....give them a call"
    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Originally posted by okitoki View Post
      I am with IInet, and I had to wait about 2-3 weeks after signing up;
      3 weeks... seen some reports of 5 weeks too.

That is why I want to know what the issue is? Is it something NBN needs to fix or.....?

Comment

the waiting period was due to high demand as I applied not long after the NBN laying was completed.

I guess your ISP might have messed up with the booking for you....
        "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

the waiting period was due to high demand as I applied not long after the NBN laying was completed.

I don't know, can't get straight answer. I applied on the day my node was online, which was last Thursday.

Comment

But we don't need the NBN
            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Your "problem" is that Aussie is not yet fully connected to all the 120 odd POIs Australia has. If you are closest to one of the points to be connected, you will have to wait for Telstra to finish the POI connection for Aussie. When that is done, they (Aussie) need to get enough CVC activated for their users on that POI (usually 5 days by NBN). I am on Bassendean POI that got commissioned today, so they will likely connect me and everyone else waiting for this POI around the 6th of July. Also, connection times are different depending on the type of NBN connection you get. The POI checker will tell you what technology you will be using.

Have you used Aussie's POI checker? https://aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-poi/

Your best bet is to read at least two of the Whirlpool threads to keep up to date. This one: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/foru....cfm?t=2580062 and this: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/foru....cfm?t=2643659

P.S. I am not an NBN tech, just up to speed with technology.

Comment

Checked my estimated availability for the NBN last night and it's been blown back out to Feb-April 2018 from Sept-Nov 2017
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Hati View Post
                  Your "problem" is that Aussie is not yet fully connected to all the 120 odd POIs Australia has. If you are closest to one of the points to be connected, you will have to wait for Telstra to finish the POI connection for Aussie. When that is done, they (Aussie) need to get enough CVC activated for their users on that POI (usually 5 days by NBN). I am on Bassendean POI that got commissioned today, so they will likely connect me and everyone else waiting for this POI around the 6th of July. Also, connection times are different depending on the type of NBN connection you get. The POI checker will tell you what technology you will be using.

Have you used Aussie's POI checker? https://aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-poi/

Your best bet is to read at least two of the Whirlpool threads to keep up to date. This one: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/foru....cfm?t=2580062 and this: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/foru....cfm?t=2643659

P.S. I am not an NBN tech, just up to speed with technology.
                  Apparently my POI is online which is active, it is hilton exchange. I am keeping an eye on whirlpool thread and keep posting. What I questions is that they said 24-48 hours before I get sms for appointment/installation date but it has not happen so far. Now Phil Brit, I thing he is CEO, has replied to my post on whirpool " We have a reserved appointment for your order of the 7 July but we are waiting for nbn to attach that appointment to the order before we can confirm it can proceed.

Thanks [MENTION=54116]Hati[/MENTION], that is why I wanted NBN tech to tell me what is going on, but you may have shed some light on it by throwing these dates

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                    Checked my estimated availability for the NBN last night and it's been blown back out to Feb-April 2018 from Sept-Nov 2017
                    That sucks

Comment

Wow...Jan-Jun 2019 for us...disapointing, going by the arrival of rail here (never), it'll be 2025 before the nbn arrives. Silver lining: it might be fibre all the way by then...
                      SP RACINGis supported by:
                      MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                      Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                      Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

When the 5g network is operating it will be faster than the NBN.
                        Tp.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
                          Wow...Jan-Jun 2019 for us...disapointing, going by the arrival of rail here (never), it'll be 2025 before the nbn arrives. Silver lining: it might be fibre all the way by then...
                          Man that is so far away......

Originally posted by Thomas Peel View Post
                          Tp.
                          by the time it gets here, NBN should release their 1Gb/s speeds

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
                            Silver lining: it might be fibre all the way by then...
                            That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Fiber is a lot cheaper now than back in 2010.
                            Originally posted by Desmo
                            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Peel View Post
                              Tp.
                              Been using a nighthawk M1 the last few of months. Seems pretty fast.

On the surface pro was saying it was using the 4G connection but more recently it is using the 5g connection.

Not a techhead so know what none of this means but our IT contractor had a play and says it shits all over our office broadband speed.

It is a 20Gb contract which burns up in a few days of on-off vid streaming but got the cheapest contract to trial it for when travelling. Plenty for what I do. If it is good we upgrade when the price comes down a bit in the near future. We'd be lucky to use 100GB broadband a month anyway.

If this is the future and it can be delivered cheaply soon, why are we blowing shitloads of cash burying glass fibre.
                              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Working...
                              X