awtkn- nbn technicians on PSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to resurrect this thread and ask another question

Who is responsible of replacing broken testras lead in phone cable plastic box on the outside wall of my house
    Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
    remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
    Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
    Who died while defending his right of way;
    He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
    But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Telstra as they own it
      "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Halo_2 thank you

I will ask NBN technician to replace it on Monday ( aren't they telstra contractors) as technician is coming to look into why my internet is so shitty in the last 2 days

Can they NBN replace it

Comment

Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
          Halo_2 thank you

I will ask NBN technician to replace it on Monday ( aren't they telstra contractors) as technician is coming to look into why my internet is so shitty in the last 2 days

Can they NBN replace it
          I don't see why not, when we were getting our NBN infrastructure put in a couple of years ago everything from the Node around the corner and up the street, the pit on the corner of our block and all the stuff to the house was done by NBN.co technicians
          Surprisingly the only thing a Telstra tech actually came and did was the connection inside the house from the Utility Box to our Connection Box and install the connection to the new modem

On another note I'm over the moon with our HFC connection and Telstra plan despite the nearly 2 year delay, we swapped across and went from the old copper ADSL2+ @ ~13Mbps max off peak to an HFC 50 plan and am getting on average 53Mbps! even at nearly peak times The worst I've had was ~45Mbps back when it was the middle of Covid-19

The moved us across onto the new plan with no extra costs although we did drop from an unlimited plan to 1.5TB a month but I never got anywhere near 1TB even when hammering torrents
          It did go up about 7 a month about 6 months ago but also went to unlimited again so no big deal
          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
          Originally posted by Phildo
          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
          Originally posted by filbert
          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

I had 2 NBN techs come today .... happy with the service

Not did they replace the box outside, they install new phone connection and advised me that I have electrical interference coming from somewhere. Now I need to figure out what is interfering but that is a long drawn proces

Comment

Look for any power or lighting cables near the phone line causing induced voltages noise also shit LED lights cause shitload of interference.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                Look for any power or lighting cables near the phone line causing induced voltages noise also shit LED lights cause shitload of interference.
                I read about power line filters. Is that a thing and how do they get installed

I have really big aircon right next to where my new phone line was installed. It could be aircon or maybe one of few appliances sitting on the kitchen bench

Comment

Never installed one, just have atleast 50mm gap or physical barrier ;conduit etc everywhere as per acma regs.

Comment

For people with FTTC
                    Optionally there is the NBN tech choice program that allows you to pay for FTTP. NBN give you a free quote and then you can decide if you want to go ahead with it.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/learn/technology-choice-program

This is how the nbn should have been fttc and if people want and most do they can pay for the cable to the house.

Fttn was the biggest waste of tax payer $$$.

Thanks lieberals.

Comment

Working...
                    X