Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made you decide to start motorcycling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GsxInShed
    replied
    Originally posted by boeman View Post
    I too, am an ass man.
    Needs way more comma's to be truly funni..

Leave a comment:

• igor
    replied
    Dads fault.. had me riding his cb250 when I was 9.. Its in the BLOOD..

Leave a comment:

• boeman
    replied
    Originally posted by INTJ View Post
    When I was a kid they were cool and now I'm a grown ass man with money to spend!
    I too, am an ass man.

Leave a comment:

• INTJ
    replied
    When I was a kid they were cool and now I'm a grown ass man with money to spend!

Leave a comment:

• Stephan
    replied
    And here the thread goes up in flames...anyway...

One of my cousins let me sit on his BMW when I was 4 years old...i was hooked and got to ride mopeds from the age of 10 at a mates workshop. At 14 I got my first moped, a Kreidler Flory with 3 gears, which was the moped tuners bike of choice...factory 28km/hr. The fastest one got clocked at 125 and the guy got pulled over by the cops. Made the news back then...fun times!

Leave a comment:

• Ryanoceros
    replied
    Originally posted by llbuono View Post
    This
    "Take the trip" fluff bruce rock 1978

Welcome back Jim !!! Fuck it's been quiet here without you, we give you lots of shit but we all missed you. How've you been mate ? Been to Bunbury recently ? I was down there and I thought of you mate, thought of the stories of you down there in the 80s. Come out riding soon mate

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This
    "Take the trip" fluff bruce rock 1978

Leave a comment:

• Stoneville
    replied
    My sister was going out with her husband in the early 70's, he and his friends rode, they used to come over all the time, it wasn't till 1977, when a boyfriend had a bike, so why not borrow it and get a licence
    I bought the bike off him and dumped the boyfriend

Leave a comment:

• chew
    replied
    Have the pictures of Dad on his BSA Gold Flash in Hyde Park but he was out of bikes by the time I was born.

Uncle would take me and his son to Claremont Speedway anytime we wanted to go from about 7 years old. All I liked watching was the bikes. He was related to the Taylor's, Chum and Glyn so we got into the pits at times.

Lived in a Hostel for a year at 14 and we had seven mini bikes (monkey bikes?) never got into dirt bikes after going back to Perth and went surfing instead.

At 17-18 Mate had some older friends who were into bikes and selling illegal substances. He acquired enough money to buy a bike, GS 550.

One of them was teaching him out in a new suburb with no houses called Ballajura, they let me have a go. The power was a revelation. He told me never to ride bikes or I'll die in a fiery crash.

A year later I bought a DT250 and went up north. An old mate caught up with me on his 350 Ducati a year later. He had a Darmah in the shop but the quote for repairs had gone through the roof. He offered it to me for the repair price so it was out of the shop. I bought it and in the following 34 years I have gone three years without a road bike. Currently have two and a half road bikes and one dual purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo
    replied
    Tried pillion a few times and loved it except someone is stuck in front and you can't see too well.
    Sense of adventure doing something different.
    Cheaper commuting and parking.
    Sense of peace and freedom.
    Did track training because I couldn't legally ride a 1198cc so soon after getting my 250 license.

Leave a comment:

• GsxInShed
    replied
    Mine..? A pic Of Dennis Ireland On his GP bike Throttles jammed full noise...Wrist twisted backwards tryin to shut off.....12 Oclock mono.*

You could see all the sponsors decals..

Turns out he was totally out of control and ran the fuk over his photographer..and hit a telegraph pole hard....

where was I ... oh yeh I wanted that.*

Leave a comment:

• CbrRider81
    replied
    Was never a choice really loved bikes and cars as far back as I can remember. Born to ride. My dad had a sr250 that I use to sit on the tank and go to the shops with him most sundays my uncle ex Mc member had countless Harley’s my other uncle owned a Kwaka dear Lee ship for a while. Pretty much all my riding life has been on dirtsquirters with the odd road bike in between until I moved up to the city it made sense to get a road bike. I guess it was inevitable that I ended up on a bike and I would never change got to have a bike in my life.
    Last edited by CbrRider81; 23-05-2018, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rich...
    replied
    My first ride at 4 years old hooked me...

Then it was just a natural progression of riding more powerful dirt bikes till I was 16 when I legally started road riding on a moped...

Then a natural progression of more powerful road bikes...

Leave a comment:

• Ryanoceros
    replied
    Originally posted by Graelin View Post

Your Grand Father is a Green Meanie and destroyed one cops sense of humour that I know of.

Leave a comment:

• Graelin
    replied
    At 14 yrs I rode a push bike. A friend gave me a ride around the village rose gardens on his BSA Bantam. It was thrilling a lovely little tar seal circuit that allowed foot peg scraping. I was hooked I soon bought that Bantam, I read up everything I could find on riding and sat my licence at 15. I was addicted. For all those that grizzle about riding a 250 for a first bike the Bantam was good for around 65 kph tail wind down hill.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    My grandfather is a Meanie and would always ride around winding up the cops on his Green klackazaki. I decided to follow in his footsteps, but with Euro bikes because they're better than Jap Crap
    Your Grand Father is a Green Meanie and destroyed one cops sense of humour that I know of.
    Last edited by Graelin; 23-05-2018, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X