No announcement yet.

Is this helmet still safe to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure what you folks that are concerned about heat are worrying about? Done right only the frayed fibres will be affected by the heat, causing them to shrink back in to the weave and prevent further fraying.

Again this is a last-resort measure. At a year old I think.you'll have success with the "unreasonable wear" angle.

Leaving it as it is will see it fray further and it's already something that's going to get frowned at by the police.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

I have a much cheaper helmet and at one year old the strap is a good as the day it was made...fray wise anyway. That is not acceptable on a one year old Shoei Helmet.
      Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Take it back it should be covered under WTY
        I know shark helmets also cover the strap I don't see why Shoei won't
        K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
          I'm not sure what you folks that are concerned about heat are worrying about? Done right only the frayed fibres will be affected by the heat, causing them to shrink back in to the weave and prevent further fraying.

Again this is a last-resort measure. At a year old I think.you'll have success with the "unreasonable wear" angle.

Leaving it as it is will see it fray further and it's already something that's going to get frowned at by the police.
          I wouldn't have an issue if it was my helmet and it was older than a year. But, if you want to claim it on warranty, then Shoei might have an issue with applying heat to the item you want to claim on...
          SP RACINGis supported by:
          MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
          Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
          Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
            I have a much cheaper helmet and at one year old the strap is a good as the day it was made...fray wise anyway. That is not acceptable on a one year old Shoei Helmet.
            +1 I have an old OGK Aeroblade II helmet I bought when I got my BB in 06 and probably has 80 000km+ on it over ~4 years of commuting/country ride use and while the inner liner is a bit out of shape the straps are like new so IMO this is unacceptable on a helmet like a Shoei
            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
            Originally posted by Phildo
            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
            Originally posted by filbert
            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
            X