No announcement yet.

Living in a commercial property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are plenty of examples where these sort of dwellings have resulted in spectacular results.

Mostly in progress cities though, so you're kind of up against it in WA. But there are few notable exceptions in Fremantle and Perth CBD.

Ideally finding an old workshop/shop/small warehouse in an area which has seen residential properties consume the area. Like this one on Charles Street;
    https://www.google.com/maps/@-31.932...7i13312!8i6656

And converting it into something like this...
    https://www.decoist.com/modern-wareh...ersion-sydney/
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Wow that's nice, a lot swankier than I was thinking of. It's more like a house that you can park your car in. I want to put in a milling machine, lathe, welding table, few other pieces of machinery, build cars and bikes etc rather than just park the car beside the dining room table. So maybe skip the polished floor. The upstairs of that place is nice though, good to see what an old warehouse can be made into. Food for thought, thanks Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by D996R View Post
        Could buy a house, but a house has too much house and not enough garage for my requirements. I need more garage and less house.
        Can't fault the logic, if you're really discreet they might never know.
        If you have a life they're bound to catch on...
        The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
        G T

Comment

The bloke in the unit next to us once was O.K., for a while till he filled the space with cars he was "doing up" and living in a single room office with about a 300 mm layer of clothes and stuff. A few of the other businesses got upset with the Sunday arvo feral hippie parties he had in the car park but didn't bother me.

The detectives came looking for him a few times and he foolishly opened the door for them one day. Last we saw of him.
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Out of curiosity have you considered any legal alternatives?

Buy a house and rent a unit / workspace? Or vice versa? Or rent both for a while and wait for this impending housing bubble burst?

Buy a property (acreage) in a semi-rural area like Banjup, where you can have a massive shed and still be within commuting distance of stuff.

Even places like Bibra Lake have homes with free standing 6x6 garages or bigger. Plus the garage under the main roof, drive-through patios, etc.

How much space do you need without operating as a business? And if you are operating as a business, there seems to be a load of complications with that and all sorts of council and strata rules. Seems risky to go through them and then get caught out doing something wrong that might jeopardise things.
            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

8 Aspiration Circuit Bibra Lake..350k and some outgoings..?
              " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                There are plenty of examples where these sort of dwellings have resulted in spectacular results.

Mostly in progress cities though, so you're kind of up against it in WA. But there are few notable exceptions in Fremantle and Perth CBD.

Ideally finding an old workshop/shop/small warehouse in an area which has seen residential properties consume the area. Like this one on Charles Street;
                https://www.google.com/maps/@-31.932...7i13312!8i6656

And converting it into something like this...
                https://www.decoist.com/modern-wareh...ersion-sydney/

That one on Charles and the huge one on Guildford Road are my dream properties

Comment

Working...
                X