WWTK Bluetooth speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWTK Bluetooth speakers

Its time to update and hopefully simplify my home music system to just running spotify through my phone and into a portable Bluetooth speaker so I can also take it outside for the bbq area.
    I use a jbl boombox at work which is good but maybe overkill, or maybe not I don't know. At approx $550 it seems expensive to me. JB hifi were useless when I went there today, small range and had the volume locked on low so not to annoy customers!
    Any suggestions?

I use the Ultimate Ears Boom 3. There's also the Megaboom 3 if you're after some serious punch. Good sound quality and rugged, plus you can connect a heap of them together if your friends bring them to a party and create some serious noise.

The equivalent would be the JBL Flip 4 or JBL Extreme 2. Whilst not as rugged as the UE Booms, the sound quality is on par.

If you're on a budget, you might be interested in this:

If you have over $4000 to spend you might like this one. You can buy two and pair them:

Comment

Bose sound link II
      nice sound not too big so good for travel
      Hey there, Hey fella.

Comment

Picked up a B&O Beoplay A1 second hand for not a lot of money. It sounds WAAAYYYY better than it has any right to for the size, and it can be paired with second for flexible stereo, and I'm tempted if I can get a good deal on one. Actually has a real tweeter with it's own amp so the highs really sparkle without getting harsh.

Comment

Might I suggest another option of a couple of Sonos Play 1 (one inside, one outside).

Amazing speakers, and being WiFi rather than Bluetooth the connection is more reliable.

Not wireless, but I have just the one and it does my entire house and I open one window for it to carry into the Alfresco/outdoor area. Head down to SoundLab in Osborne Park for a play around, nice blokes and will find out what your requirements are and help you out.

https://www.sonos.com/en-au/shop/play1.html

Comment

I've been using my UE Boom 2 for ~2 years and one thing that stands out is the battery life. It probably needs a firmware update as it takes two tries to sync now but otherwise has been flawless and loud enough for my little 2 bed hovel.
            Originally posted by Desmo
            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Those Ultimate Ears Boom 3 look great. Waterproof as well. No way my Bose would survive a pool.
              Hey there, Hey fella.

Comment

Originally posted by boeman View Post
                Might I suggest another option of a couple of Sonos Play 1 (one inside, one outside).

Amazing speakers, and being WiFi rather than Bluetooth the connection is more reliable.

Not wireless, but I have just the one and it does my entire house and I open one window for it to carry into the Alfresco/outdoor area. Head down to SoundLab in Osborne Park for a play around, nice blokes and will find out what your requirements are and help you out.

https://www.sonos.com/en-au/shop/play1.html
                I was going to buy a Sonos but was annoyed that they aren’t battery powered...

Would be nice to disconnect them from the mains power when required...

I’m probably going to get the Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3...

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                  I've been using my UE Boom 2 for ~2 years and one thing that stands out is the battery life. It probably needs a firmware update as it takes two tries to sync now but otherwise has been flawless and loud enough for my little 2 bed hovel.
                  Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
                  Those Ultimate Ears Boom 3 look great. Waterproof as well. No way my Bose would survive a pool.
                  I've got two Booms. My original UE Boom 1, I bought in 2014 which has been in my toolbag ever since and used everyday at work. The amount of abuse that thing has copped is unbelievable. Still pumps the tunes and the battery lasts all day. If you look at the right hand side, you can see all the dents in it.

And my UE Boom 3 which stays at home and looks pretty-ish.

Comment

Same, go the boom they're the best bang for buck.

Comment

seconded boom.. love mine!
                      "Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over"

Comment

Cool. I'll go to a store and check the UE booms. $200 in store $121-$150 on ebay

Comment

maybe BOSE soundlink mini....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

Comment

Originally posted by wonky View Post
                            Cool. I'll go to a store and check the UE booms. $200 in store $121-$150 on ebay
                            I've read professional reviews that say it's not worth upgrading to a UE Boom 3 if you already have a Boom 2. The performance increase isn't noticeable. So if you can find a cheap UE Boom 2 that could be an option.

The 2's can still do 'Party Up' where you can connect up to 150 of them together!

Comment

Just a word on the Bose equipment. When I was looking for something like the sounddock I was surprised just how expensive it was. When I checked the US site it was half the price of the Aussie one. So I contacted Bose and asked them why it was double the price here. Their answer was that it was due to currency fluctuations. Hmmm, Right. So not just ripping off the Aussie market then.

I have had Sonos and UE gear and to my mind it is better quality than the Bose stuff and more reasonably priced.
                              Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Working...
                              X