Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBR1WTK - Recommend me a Rice Cooker that works more than once.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and there might be a bit of confusion in my post as people are giving rice cooking tips. It is not the rice that I am burning or coming out at anything below par.

It is the cookers themselves that are burning out it can’t be that hard to encase a function heating element in the bottom of a bowl in 2019 is it?
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

If you cook a lot of rice... get the Tiger rice cooker... ours lasted over 8 years and never missed a beat... only recently we noticed some of the pot lining is scratched a little.

otherwise, try the steamer method; you wont regret it. and avoid an additional kitchen gear and save some space
      "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Turbs....

We have a Breville Rice Cooker. Must be more than 10 years old now.

My missus cooks indian food like you wouldn't believe (it's her heritage). so, the rice cooker gets a fair old work out. The non-stick surface is looking a little worse for wear, but it performs.... and performs....... and won't stop. Similar to an FJR
        Last edited by FJ Steve; 07-04-2019, 06:28 AM.
        Originally posted by Viper
        I'm probably fucking something up.
        FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
        Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post

it performs.... and performs....... and won't stop. Similar to an FJR
          Maade by Harley??
          When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

Originally posted by Thirsty View Post
            Maade by Harley??
            Wash your mouth out.

Harley Davidson is the Blue Heeler of Australian Motorcycles.

Loves a run in the morning, and a ride home in the ute in the afternoon.
            Originally posted by Viper
            I'm probably fucking something up.
            FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
            Administrator

Comment

. error.
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

i found a good microwave, one where you can just push "rice" works great with a microwaveable container

Comment

I was reffering more to the point a Harley wont stop... or turn for that matter....
                  When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

Buy a PROPER Japanese Donabe, you godless heathens, only then will achieve true rice enlightenment.

Why is this even a question....

Comment

Originally posted by Davidf View Post
                      Buy a PROPER Japanese Donabe, you godless heathens, only then will achieve true rice enlightenment.

Why is this even a question....
                      thats getting to some pro level there

yeah it's tempting to get one but the missus has cut down our rice intake now significantly...
                      "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Yeah - just look at all those fat asians who eat nothing but rice...

Comment

Working...
                        X