Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More inner turmoil, seasonal riding. GTWTK heated gloves and vests.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't buy Dririder gear, It's neither dry or warm.
    Get just about any other brand for a start, A/star, Dainese, anything euro is good except RST.

Next time Aldi has it's motorcycle gear sale,(July/august?) get to your nearest and grab the thermal undies and woolen turtle necks.

Hands and feet, buy winter gloves/boots a size larger and wear glove liners and thick wool socks which you will have to order in from overseas or wear 2-3 pairs of the local ultra thin so called warm socks.

Comment

I have never faulted Dryrider.
      I have had my current set since 2007.
      They have kept me dry and warm through tropical down pours and sleet and snow in a winter in NZ.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
        They have kept me dry and warm through tropical down pours and sleet and snow in a winter in NZ.
        Yes...but you're a much harder target for the raindrops that some of us. :p
        All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
        #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
        Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
          That would be right if you bought Dririder back then. It was good stuff up to about 2010.
          I bought an entire Dririder outfit in 2011, all fell to bits/leaked after 1 year.

Comment

i love riding in the rain absolutely enjoy it, the motard was made for it. put on the onesie & off i go.. but i kind of shot myself in the foot moving close to work its just not worth gearing up for a 2km ride down the highway & its getting to dark to ride off road in the morning #firstworldproblems

Comment

Originally posted by =maz= View Post
              yes...but you're a much harder target for the raindrops that some of us. :p

salad

Comment

Originally posted by Green Trident View Post
                I've been enjoying my 65 K (each way) commute but I can feel the mornings getting cooler, and I'm wondering about how to keep the cold out.
                Letting the cold in and going down the HTFU path is not an option any more these old bones would take half a day to thaw out.
                I've seen on Fakebook a heated vest and wonder about the possibility of those being worth the asking price. I'v seen heated gloves in NZ and wonder if they're available locally.
                So PSBer's have at it, serious replies and PI55 takers feel free your comments will be accepted in the spirit with which they are given.
                Bark-busters soft guards?

95% of all cold hands problems solved, had them on the VFR, worked a treat, able to wear much lighter gloves and have my hands out of the wind blast, if you want to try them Mr Green Trident, send me an address an I'll bang them in the mail, as they're not required on the Busa….

Comment

Handlebar Mitts.
                  Amazon $15.00
                  The accessory that enabled us to ride dirt bikes in Hanmer Springs 12 months a year.
                  They fitted road bikes as well. But only Poofters used them.
                  They kept my hands warm(er), (ish) on my commute to Chch for school.
                  They looked ridiculous, however no more ridiculous than the Air Force great coat, Line 7 water proof pants and the compulsory fucking grey two piece suit.
                  Fuck the snow.

Comment

the limited chilly riding I've done so far has been mitigated by heated grips. So far so good.....

Comment

Working...
                    X