Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWTK - What book are you currently reading

I'll start the ball rolling

Im reading "The Pleasure of Finding Things Out" The Best Short Works of Richard P. Feynman.

That guy was brilliant smart and brilliant funny!!!
    Have you won the game recently?? Post here

nothing at the moment, too busy this week. Last week I read the last of the Dan Brown books and re-read an old classic, P&P.

did you know that some clever girl studied Jane Austen at Uni, wrote a P&P part 2, and then her very nice thesis teacher helped her get it published? It is brilliant the next ten years of Darcy and all you wanted to know about what happened to them.

Comment

One of the guys I work with dropped "iWoz" on my desk and suggested I'd like it. Steve Wozniak's autobio. The other guy who started Apple. What a wanker - he comes across just like the comic store guy in the Simpsons. I'll finish it only from boredom and a morbid curiosity...

More recently have been reading some of Dan Brown's other stuff, plus the old classic "ender's game" and its follow-ups.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Kinky Friedman - Musical Chairs

before that was Neil Stephenson - The Diamond Age, and before that was some P G Wodehouse for light relief. Before that was slaughterhouse 5, catch-22, farenheit 451, brave new world and nineteen eighty-four. Yeah, I was on a bit of a dystopian odyssey.
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus... (VERY helpful! A must read) :first_move:

The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Quotations... (Inspiring) :geek:

The Vein of Gold - A Journey to Your Creative Heart.... (also good for inspiration)

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Verdana">.:alis volat propriis:.</span></div>

Comment

Hmm wonder where my thread went that I started about this topic aaaages ago . . . .

Anyhow, I&#39;m reading Jean Paul Sartre&#39;s Sketch for a theory of the Emotions.

I&#39;m really digging philosophy and cultural studies at the moment, alot of people never stray from novels but I highly recommend indulging in something a little out of the ordinary.

catch-22 and nineteen eighty-four[/b]
            I have both those, they&#39;re both brilliant !
            Cup o' tea?

Comment

I&#39;m currently reading Hell&#39;s Angels by Hunter S Thompson. Written in the sixties after rollin&#39; with the angels for a year.
              Allow me to quote the great man (do read it, some things never change)

For a lot of reasons that are often contradictory, the sight and sound of a man on a motorcycle has an unpleasant effect on the vast majority of Americans who drive cars. At one point in the wake of the Hell&#39;s Angels uproar a reporter for The New York Tribune did a long article on the motorcycle scene and decided in the course of his research that "there is something about the sight of a passing motorcyclist that tempts many automobile drivers to commit murder."
              Nearly anyone who has ridden a bike for any length of time will agree. The highways are crowded with people who drive as if their sole purpose is to avenge every wrong ever done them by man, beast or fate. The only thing that keeps them in line is their own fear of death, jail and lawsuits... which are much less likely if they can find a motorcycle to challenge instead of another two-thousand-pound-car or a concrete abutment. A motorcyclist has to drive as if everybody else on the road is out to kill him. A few of them are, and many of those who aren&#39;t are just just as dangerous - because the only thing that can alter their careless, ingrained driving habits is a threat of punishment, either legal or physical, and there is nothing about a motorcycle to threaten any man in a car. A bike is totally vulnerable; it&#39;s only defense is manoeuvrability, and every accident situation is potentially fatal - especially on a freeway, where there is no room to fall without being run over almost instantly.[/b]

Comment

PLayboy
                'When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.' - Robert M. Pirsig

Comment

PLayboy[/b]
                  For the articles?

Comment

I&#39;m currently reading Hell&#39;s Angels by Hunter S Thompson. Written in the sixties after rollin&#39; with the angels for a year.[/b]
                    Read everything Hunter has written, he is absolutely brilliant.
                    Cup o' tea?

Comment

One of the guys I work with dropped "iWoz" on my desk and suggested I&#39;d like it. Steve Wozniak&#39;s autobio. The other guy who started Apple. What a wanker - he comes across just like the comic store guy in the Simpsons. I&#39;ll finish it only from boredom and a morbid curiosity...[/b]

I wouldnt mind "borrowing" that of you if I could

Just finished reading the "sixth profesion"

Comment

Im a huge fantasy nut so am reading Belgarath the Sorcerer (again), but have just had You Wouldnt be Dead for Quids by Robert Barrett dropped on my desk so I will give it a go.
                        Remember - Opinions are like Assholes
                        Everybody has one and sometimes they STINK !

Comment

Anyhow, I&#39;m reading Jean Paul Sartre&#39;s Sketch for a theory of the Emotions.[/b]
                          Hmm, I just finished reading some Nietzsche and was interested in getting into Existentialism, what do you think of Satre? Easy to read?

I&#39;m currently reading the Divine Comedy (Inferno) by Dante.
                          http://www.internetblackout.com.au/

Comment

cosmo, cleo, famous and that&#39;s life...

oh, and i do have this really big book on my shelf called "anybody out there" that i got given by a random customer at work...

i gave it to my friend to read first to make sure it was good but its so big i dno where to start... maybe the beginning would be a good place... lol

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(-J- @ Feb 5 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]414171[/snapback]
                              PLayboy[/b]
                              For the articles?
                              [/b][/quote]

Playboy has articles? I wondered what all the words between the photos were...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(simonl @ Feb 5 2007, 08:50 PM) [snapback]414084[/snapback]
                              One of the guys I work with dropped "iWoz" on my desk and suggested I&#39;d like it. Steve Wozniak&#39;s autobio. The other guy who started Apple. What a wanker - he comes across just like the comic store guy in the Simpsons. I&#39;ll finish it only from boredom and a morbid curiosity...[/b]
                              I wouldnt mind "borrowing" that of you if I could
                              [/b][/quote]
                              I&#39;ll ask the owner - if he doesn&#39;t object, I&#39;ll bring it up to Scabs tomorrow night.

Im a huge fantasy nut so am reading Belgarath the Sorcerer (again), but have just had You Wouldnt be Dead for Quids by Robert Barrett dropped on my desk so I will give it a go.[/b]
                              How do you go with Pratchett and Orson Scott Card?

I&#39;m currently reading the Divine Comedy (Inferno) by Dante.[/b]
                              I got halfway through and realised that I don&#39;t have the attention span required
                              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Working...
                              X