motorcycle insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorcycle insurance

I have tried to find a link to some topics about mo0torcycle insurance and dont seem to be getting anywhere, may be computer skills are down, could some redirect me or give me an idea of what i should expect to pay for a GSX1300R HAYABUSA Comprehensive insurance, i have no no claim bonus.
    Any help would be great
    Thanks
    LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE
    LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE

'Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
    shouting 'FUCK YEAH ...WHAT A RIDE!'

REGRET NOTHING YOUVE DONE

Originally posted by GPZ1170A1 View Post
    give me an idea of what i should expect to pay for a GSX1300R HAYABUSA Comprehensive insurance, i have no no claim bonus.
    Any help would be great
    Thanks
    Depends on age (both yours and the bike), license history, the individual bike, modifications, location it's stored in, how it's stored, the wind direction on that particular day, etc..etc...
    such comment
    wow
    many post

Comment

Mos insurance companies will give you a quote over the phone
      I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

18, no crashes etc, on parents no claim for past two years, 2007 GSXR-1000

$3423.32 full comp agreed value

Comment

get out of town!!!

just got full comp on my 97 zx6, no crashes etc. - $300 a year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Caillin View Post
            18, no crashes etc, on parents no claim for past two years, 2007 GSXR-1000

That makes me feel a little better got quoted $2150 for a new hayabusa valued at $19800
            $1000 excess because i had a 6 demerit fine for 41 kms over recently and a drink driving charge 5 years ago
            so after 2 years of no claim bonus and no record of drink driving charge or 41 km over fine what could i expexct to pay
            LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE
            LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE

'Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
            shouting 'FUCK YEAH ...WHAT A RIDE!'

REGRET NOTHING YOUVE DONE

Comment

Holy tapdancing christ.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

just do a ring around yourself mate to the insurance companies - there are just too many variables for us to guess what you might pay.

Comment

that was the best deal origonal quote was $6583.23

Comment

Woah!

time to do insurance quotes is clearly BEFORE buying the bike! :p

Comment

:o Farking hell, thats insane
                      Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

insuremyride.com or something like that was suggested by Kwakas for me... hmm... there's another one that will find you the cheapest deal. If you ask really nicely he might tell you what it is.
                        Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Western QBE seems to be the best deal I can find. It depends primarily on your insurance rating though. To see the difference, I got a series of quotes from a whole bunch of people saying i had no personal insurance rating. cheapest was 3800, that was insuremyride or an online thing whatever it was. With rating 1, that dropped to 1200 from QBE. That's for an '07 CBR 1000 RR, 26 year old male rider. Might be an idea to insure some really really cheap vehicle, ie, buy a bomb for 100 bucks(car that is) insure it with just car for bugger all and pay the extra 37 bucks to give yourself a rating 1. then insure the bike.
                          "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

I did that, insured my '90 integra with full comprehensive (RAC backdated my NCB and I got the best rating) and compared the price. Total amount I was paying before was about $1500 in insurance, $1000 to the bike - total amount after was about $950 or thereabouts per year.
                            Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Heh, insuring a cheap vehicle isn't so cheap...

$1400 premium to insure a $1000 bike + $900 excess.
                              Had a clean record at the time too...

Comment

Working...
                              X