BWTK: Security & Bouncing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWTK: Security & Bouncing

Was talking to a workmate last night who bounces on the weekend, and he asked if I wanted to get into it. Apparently his boss will put me through the training and get me licensed all from his pocket.

Ive been lead to believe that a few members here also bounce and want to know the basic pro's and con's of such an occupation.

Im trying to decide if its for me or not.

Basically whats it like? Is it a decent job or should I keep looking.

Ta.
    Dan
    Last edited by Danny Boy; 09-10-2007, 03:28 PM. Reason: cant type

Rooster, BIGFELLA & Sabre1 are the peoples to speak to.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

i hear all sabres stories. from what i get...
      cons - having to deal with fucktards
      pros - getting to beat said fucktard up

:p
      Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

therein lies the problem, i have no desire to fight. i get the majority of my violence out at tournaments and training and occasionally the siblings.

but then again a tards' that start on you for no reason other than your job probably deserve to be shitkicked.

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
          i
          pros - getting to beat said fucktard up

:p

and its because of bouncers with that attitude that bouncers get a bad name.

Comment

Yes, but fucktards get injured.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR6 View Post
              and its because of bouncers with that attitude that bouncers get a bad name.
              sabre is not a violent person. he never raises a fist against someone else unless they have made the first move.
              Hello, you've reached the psychiatric hotline. If you are obsessive/compulsive, press 1 repeatedly. If you have multiple personalities, press 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you are simply paranoid, just stay on the line - we know who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
                sabre is not a violent person. he never raises a fist against someone else unless they have made the first move.

def wasnt directed at sabre1. was more a general comment. ie there are some (i suspect a small minority) who get into bouncing as thats a big draw card for them. its ppl like that who give ppl like sabre1 a bad name.

u know...like those few hoons on motorbikes who make as all bikies kinda deal

Comment

you get to do the "i am not human. i have no emotions" face!

woot.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Boy View Post
                    therein lies the problem, i have no desire to fight.
                    That puts you in the better category of candidates then. Being able to talk is more important than being able to fight. You'll get 100 doormen that can fight to every 1 that can talk someone out of causing shit.

That said, after the 30th time you've had that conversation in one night, you usually just want to drag the flogger outside.

I did it for a short time not as a mucho thing but primarily because the hours suited my lifestyle at the time and I enjoy seeing people have a good time. If I could help them do that, all the better.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

i'd do it, but i'd get snapped like a twig

Comment

Yeah shmoo, you don't want to be a bouncer that looks like an easy target, that way lots of drunks will have a shot at you.

Physical presence, attitude and intimidation stops 99% of fights before they happen.
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I did it once... i was so bored i dropped all the eccys i meant to sell at the door.

Comment

Well after 15 1/2 years i have retired from being a A.A.O ( attitude adjustment Officer) . Its a good job you get to meet a lot of interesting people, downside is you get to meet a lot of F&%kwits too. My advice to you and any other person that is interested in this field of work, always keep the thought in the back of your head that there is always someone bigger and better around the corner, your crowd controller badge does not make you bullet proof...any advice you want just pm me.................

BIGFELLA

Comment

If it suits your current lifestyle, then consider it. Hoewever, always look at it as a short term job. Get used to clock watching in the wee small hours on quite nights. But most importantly. Engage your mouth and attitude before anything else.

If you can talk 99 people down and only have to physically handle 1, your odds for lasting a long time are good. Remember your their for the pay and it used to be other fringe benefits. Every time you have to physically deal with someone, you increase your odds of injury and then no income
                              sigpic your halo only has to fall a short distance to become a noose

Comment

Working...
                              X