UWTK - Spreading the PSB name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UWTK - Spreading the PSB name

I was in a taxi today and a fair few bikes went past and the taxi driver and I got talking about riding etc and he told me how he has no friends that ride and he wants to meet some and I just happened to still have PSB cards on me from the MAD show, so I told him all about PSB.

What I want to know is how many times would you tell people about PSB and encourage them to join?

i tell ppl all the time and hade a few join .

but some jack ass in kalgoorlie on a aprillia RSV i passed the loving word along and he gave me a snobby asshole tone saying " i know everthing i need to know about bike " so i said ok dick head your not the kind of person id wanna know any way
    TIP: if you get pulled over by a young copper let him play with your bike, its amazing what you can get away with

Comment

I tag old ladies with the PSB logo.

They get around.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
        but some jack ass in kalgoorlie on a aprillia RSV i passed the loving word along and he gave me a snobby asshole tone saying " i know everthing i need to know about bike " so i said ok dick head your not the kind of person id wanna know any way
        I meet a few people like this and they start talking and your mentally going 'don't mention PSB, don't mention PSB!!'

Comment

if only i knew before i told him.. but he was a stuck up asshole so meh his loss

we are family and he will never feel our love ha ha
          TIP: if you get pulled over by a young copper let him play with your bike, its amazing what you can get away with

Comment

I tell anyone who is interested in bikes that I get talking to, people I meet at the local shops who ride, family and friends, also people who find out that I ride.
            (I feel a bit like a salesman when I do. )

Might not be able to talk so freely if they all join PSB!

Comment

I put a PSB card in one of those "put ur business card in the big glass bowl to win whatever" things at the Indian Ocen Brewery PSB might win a free meal

Comment

i always tell other riders i see about psb....had a few blokes from work sign up but dont see them on here much. have told a few ppl and their reaction was so negative i didnt really bother chatting to them after. i mean if your not interested then fine but theres no need to put it down.

Comment

Originally posted by cebafed View Post
                  i always tell other riders i see about psb....had a few blokes from work sign up but dont see them on here much. have told a few ppl and their reaction was so negative i didnt really bother chatting to them after. i mean if your not interested then fine but theres no need to put it down.
                  ahh the cool kids, dont worry about them, Truth be known they all have accounts here and sign in as anonymous.

Yes i can see you
                  My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                  Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                  Q-Zar Fremantle
                  Rated-R Parts
                  PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
                  Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
                  CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
                  Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Originally posted by TYSON View Post
                    Yes i can see you

aahhh......sneaky bastards eh

Comment

Mention it to anyone that I know that rides that isnt already a member. A guy I use to work with is a member but doesnt appear much. Others I work with now seem to think they're "too cool" for internet forums. Odd though, they keep asking how I know about all these rides and telling me how they want in.
                      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                      Its the little things that make the difference
                      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                        Hahaha, awesome. I see that guy around all the time. Now I know not to bother chatting with him

There's a few Ducati owners in town though, they've always been keen to have a chat about their bike (or any bike) when we've bumped into each other.

Would be awesome if there were some PSB 'calling cards' we could buy and hand out hint hint wink nudge suck suck, etc **edit: Ah, looks like we do have cards now
                        such comment
                        wow
                        many post

Comment

[quote=Cameronjones;623966]Hahaha, awesome. I see that guy around all the time. Now I know not to bother chatting with him
                          quote]

yeah he is cool just rides up and down hannans all day all by himself .......must have so much fun being a loner

Comment

Where can I get some of said business cards?
                            No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameronjones View Post
                              There's a few Ducati owners in town though, they've always been keen to have a chat about their bike (or any bike) when we've bumped into each other.
                              never know when they might need to flag down a like minded individual for mechanical assistance

j/k

mostly

one of the first questions i ask (well, within 10 minutes or so) when i meet a new rider is "are you on psb?"
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X