actually it was a chicken burger but thats all in the details

it got me thinking
    What's you best homemade burger recipe
    Is it a homemade meat pattie?
    Steak or chicken?
    Does it HAVE to have beetroot?
    or bacon and egg?
    Fancy lettuce or good old iceburg

The one i made was chicken with avacado, lettuce, fried onion, tomato, tomato sauce, mayo and cheese

it wasn't my ULTIMATE burger but thats all i had in the fridge ^_^

so what's yours?
    ellE

jenius

Is it a homemade meat pattie? - nope, steak
    Steak or chicken? - steak
    Does it HAVE to have beetroot? - absolutely not!
    or bacon and egg? - either or both, depends on what is in the fridge
    Fancy lettuce or good old iceburg? - tonight? no lettuce at all.

extra's = cheese, onion marmalade

so for us it is, steak, onion marmalade, tomato, cheese, egg and bacon (when available)

BTW - how did you know what we had planned for dinner?

Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

Comment

porcelain makes a mean burger (I have no idea what goes into it, spices and chilli and onions in the mince is as far as I know) WELL good though, I would ask her but she in in Sydney atm. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Di View Post

BTW - how did you know what we had planned for dinner?

I have my ways of finding things out
        ellE

jenius

Comment

Hmmmm. Well depends how hungry one is ...

Two-all-beef-patties-special-sauce-lettuce-cheese-pickles-onions-on-a-sesame-seed-bun.

Oh wait, that sounds familiar. Better add bacon, egg, beetroot, yeah why not. Maybe some hot English mustard, too.

Gotta add, wasn't all that impressed by the recent "Backyard Burger" competition winner. Think probably any home-made burger could out do that one. Was pretty ordinary, IMO.

Whatever it is, however it's made, it's gotta be fresh, hang together and leave a fulfilling sense of satisfaction!

Comment

I would contribute a recipe, but i just realised I never have home made burgers :o , always buy so many when out that its normally the last thing I want at home.

However some recipes in here might convince me to give them a shot , keep em coming please!

Comment

Originally posted by De-evolve View Post
              I just made myself a homemade hamburger
              actually it was a chicken burger but thats all in the details

it got me thinking
              What's you best homemade burger recipe
              Is it a homemade meat pattie?
              Steak or chicken?
              or bacon and egg?
              Fancy lettuce or good old iceburg

The one i made was chicken with avacado, lettuce, fried onion, tomato, tomato sauce, mayo and cheese

it wasn't my ULTIMATE burger but thats all i had in the fridge ^_^

so what's yours?
              here's me licking my lips thinking elle's made a heap of burger patties, how many can i buy off her?:o
              chickens orright though,pass on avacado,that green yuk is banned from my fridge

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
                I would contribute a recipe, but i just realised I never have home made burgers :o

Well you should change because home made burgers are always better and far healthier

oh and Potato
                im a very new convert slimey thing that is avacardo
                used to weird me out
                ellE

jenius

Comment

Is it a homemade meat pattie? Yes - made up of mince, onion, carrot, potato, peas, corn, mixed herbs, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and egg.

Steak or chicken? Nope

Does it HAVE to have beetroot? Nope

or bacon and egg? Bacon maybe, egg definately

Fancy lettuce or good old iceburg? Iceburg all the way

Also must contain cheeeeeese, fried onion andd a good helping of bbq saue

Yuuuuummmmm.
                  “Freedom is not something that anybody can be given; Freedom is something that people take and people are as free as they want to be.” - James Arthur Baldwin

Comment

Well here is my perfected home made beef pattie recipe...

500g mince (beef)
                    1 onion finely chopped
                    1 egg
                    2 tablespoons fruit chutney(approx)
                    2 tablespoons tomatoe sauce(approx)
                    2 tablespoons barbecue sauce(approx)
                    2 tablespoons sweet chillie sauce(approx)
                    1/2 cup bread crumbs
                    and parsley...couple of teaspoons or little more

Mix it all together with ur hands, grab a small handful of mince mix roll into ball...roll into plain flour, place on grill/pan, flatten, with small amount olive oil...cook. Dont burn, easy to do if heat is to hot because of the sauces in the meat.

Place lettuce, cheese(prefer real cheese, not fake cheese slices)tomatoe, mince pattie, beetroot, egg(yolk runny) optional extras if you want...top with your choice of sauce. if the burger doesnt explode in your mouth with a fantastic array of juices..running down your arms n side of your mouth..IMO it isnt a proper home made burger.
                    Last edited by Fastgirl; 21-10-2007, 04:25 PM.
                    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

the best one i ever made was simple:

meat - cheese - meat - cheese - egg - cheese - egg - cheese - bacon - bbq sauce.

it was a bit difficult to eat but bloody tasty
                      Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
                        if the burger doesnt explode in your mouth with a fantastic array of juices..running down your arms n side of your mouth..IMO it isnt a proper home made burger.

Agreed!

I'm mostly too lazy to make a pattie mix, just use steak instead, Rare cooked.

The HJs 'Homer Burger' or whatever it's real name was... that was killer. Literally. I didnt want to eat for 2 days after.

Comment

Originally posted by De-evolve View Post

yes........yes it does. but i dunno.............i cant cook

Comment

home made burgers ftw!

home made meat patty - no store bought shit....

- mince
                            - diced onion
                            - bread crumbs (use day old white bread and grsate it)
                            - h.p. sauce (good dollop, don't be stingy)

mix it all up together, then use those egg rings to make nice round patties, stops the mix crumbling too much in the pan...

needs to have meat, grated cheese, bacon (slightly crispy), more meat, egg, bit more bacon then fried onions, lettuce (plain iceberg) and a good squirt of BBQ sauce. Nice crispy round bun, fuck that sesame seed shit.

And if you put beetroot in it, you deserve to be slapped upside of the head
                            (541): So, when he came he screamed MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! at the top of his lungs and all of his roomates yelled back FINISH HER!!!!.....yeah kinda awkward

Comment

toasted bottom bun, beef, egg, bacon, cheese, tomato sauce, mustard, carrot, beetroot, lettuce, mayo, toasted top bun = perfection.

Comment

Working...
                              X