is it illegal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it illegal???

ok so im in my house and flip the laptop on to listen to some tunes and the wireless connection(automaticall searches all the time) picks up a signal and connects me to the net whadda ya think??
    TIP: if you get pulled over by a young copper let him play with your bike, its amazing what you can get away with

yes it is illegal and you can be charged with theft

Comment

Search is your friend, there is a thread on this, mm maybe 6 weeks ago ?

Comment

First they have to catch you.

This has been discussed at length in another (heated) thread but just quickly: Unsecured wireless is fair game as far as I'm concerned. People who don't secure their network have no one else to blame but themselves. It's like having sex with your missus with the curtains open and then complaining that the neighbours could see you.
        "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

if you don't get caught it isn't illegal. Just like speeding and burnouts.
          Originally posted by kyliejane
          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
          Originally posted by harns
          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

pfft
            dudley do rights

steal the interwebz and DL freaky animal pron so their ISP jumps on em for it and then you get the Pr0nZ and they get the buh bow from the isp

win win - for you

DUbs

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
              win win - for you
              except you now have teh animal pronz. and its possible you could get teh aids.

Comment

hrmmm whats the odds i can get caught??

not that im gonna do anything but hang here on PSB
                TIP: if you get pulled over by a young copper let him play with your bike, its amazing what you can get away with

Comment

Originally posted by Spock View Post
                  First they have to catch you.

This has been discussed at length in another (heated) thread but just quickly: Unsecured wireless is fair game as far as I'm concerned. People who don't secure their network have no one else to blame but themselves. It's like having sex with your missus with the curtains open and then complaining that the neighbours could see you.
                  Yeah, pretty much how I feel about it.

PS: please open your curtains more often.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

chances, slim to none

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                      hrmmm whats the odds i can get caught??

not that im gonna do anything but hang here on PSB

If you were to steal my wireless, i'd probably catch you

But, my shit is locked up, so yeah....

I'd say the odds of getting caught are pretty minimal. People with insecure wireless are either:

- clueless (hence, no catching you)
                      OR
                      - deliberately leaving it open (they don't mind you using it)

Then again, if you're leeching huge amounts of shit off them, don't be surprised if they get educated when they keep hitting their cap while on holiday, etc.
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

i had free internet for nearly 2 years before they realised. ahhhhhh the good ol days.
                        Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

shweet its now hammer time

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                            shweet its now hammer time

see above bit about user hitting cap and getting educated

if you're going to leech, i'd be trying not to abuse it too bad...

also, remember: if you're associating with their router, and you have open shares, check your email (which they can snoop as it goes past), a pc name of your real name, etc - it wouldn't be too hard for the savvy user on the other end to determine who you are
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                              If you were to steal my wireless, i'd probably catch you
                              - clueless (hence, no catching you)
                              OR
                              - deliberately leaving it open (they don't mind you using it)
                              or they just want to lure you into a false sense of security and then mess with you

upside-down-ternet

Comment

Working...
                              X