KWTK......your licence...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWTK......your licence...

This is prolly a really stupid question, but I've always wanted to know. We all know you need an R class to ride unrestricted on a bike. However, by looking at the back of your licence, next to C class it says you can drive ANY motor vehicle up to and including 4.5T equipped to carry up to and including 12 people. I'm prolly wrong, but the way I see it a motor cycle is a motor vehicle, and the word ANY to me implies just that. Could you argue that your licence states you can drive/ride any vehicle, is there a loop hole?
    Originally posted by kyliejane
    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
    Originally posted by harns
    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

go on... try it
    The Twitter

Comment

If vehicle is latin for "rides within" and cycle is "rides upon" then no.

Good eye you got there though.
      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

I'll leave it to someone else to figure out :p

Comment

Mine has 2 sections.

C Motor vehicle =< 4.5t gvm, equipped for =< 12 persons
          R Motor cycle

And nowhere does it say ANY.

Comment

ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1974 - SECT 5 Definitions - here is the road traffic act, under section 5, definitions, there is no specific exclusion of motor cycles, however I would doubt very much that this would fly. worth a test though, so please, by all means, go ride a 1000cc bike around a cop shop til they pull you over... and let us know
            The Twitter

Comment

Mine says "any motor vehicle =<4.5T"
              This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

“vehicle” includes —
                (a) every conveyance, not being a train, vessel or aircraft, and every object capable of being propelled or drawn, on wheels or tracks, by any means; and
                (b) where the context permits, an animal being driven or ridden;

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                  Mine says "any motor vehicle =<4.5T"
                  mine doesnt say any. maybe they have updated it recently?

Also Taylor, your latin is shit. Vehiculum = vehicle/conveyance, and there is no equivalent of 'cycle'.
                  The Twitter

Comment

Haha, my latin is non-existent.

Comment

Mine was issue earlier in the year and looks the same as bennies

Comment

I would try it, but I have an open R licence. Any n00bs willing to try???
                        benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

I'm holding 3 of my consecutive license cards here, they all say "any motor vehicle". :s

It does say that detail as an explanation of the class though.
                          Last edited by Taylor; 01-11-2007, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
                            I'm holding 3 of my consecutive license cards here, they all say "any motor vehicle". :s

as do mine, and my GF's

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

dooo iiit!!!
                              As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Working...
                              X