Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D(ingo)WTK: Live and Local, Where?

Fellow music lovers.

Back in my uni days I use to roadie for a few local bands (ok it was an excuse to get into gigs for free, but any ride when a povvo student ), and remember going to the Rosemount, Grovesnor, Fly by Night Club, Mojos and a few other places for the gigs.

Whos supporting the live and local scene these (7 years later!) days?

Reason im asking is because I want to use some local unsigned artists in my clip making, not only to give them some airtime but in return for getting around any copyright issues.

Also, what other forums support the local music scene? (yes im too lazy to google it/spend 3 months watching to see which ones actually work )

Thanks yall

If you are interested in local metal, check out Western Front at Western Front - Home

The only other webpage I know of is Perth Bands perthbands.com

Comment

SLAM (Supporting Local Alternative Musicians) is on at the Newport this Sunday. $10 a ticket. Starts at 5:30 (i think). Lots of bands all in one place.
      A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

or just put a poster up in university taverns. free exposure for them, and you get a band.
        Originally posted by kyliejane
        benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
        Originally posted by harns
        Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

I used to do Homegrown on RTR-FM and the program still exists to my knowledge so you could contact them. Otherwise Swan Basement, The Castle, Rosemount Hotel etc still to local original gigs now and then.

Know members from bands like El Cid and Space Race... PM me if you wanna get in touch or check them out via MySpace

It's been a long time since I got to go and enjoy it and most of our good ones end up moving over east for a chance to succeed but we breed some great talent in WA!
          Originally posted by Elise
          I have no idea wot the conversation was, I remember a coconut falling asleep on me!

Comment

Kewel, thanks for the leads guys, now to find the time and people to go check em out with

I've just remembered my friend who managers twin cities FM up in wannerooo, should hassle her too.

Comment

Could possibly chase down some perth bands from JJJ Unearthed???

They probably all have myspace or facebook or something you could find
              Wes

Comment

Another good idea, thanks Wes.

Also thanks for the lead about SLAM Flyboy, looking forward to going

Comment

Talk to Nips, she knows of some pretty interesting bands that are local. Ive seen em, tiz good!
                  I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Good idea dingo

Comment

hydey, castle, rosemount, the bakery, rocket room, civic hotel (inglewood), mojos, swan basement..

Comment

Well, I enjoyed SLAM (Thanks Flyboy ) . What other local gigs are coming up?

Comment

Will check with my mate who works at the Foundry. He's generally clued in with whos playing. Will PM ya later.
                          A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

Voyager are launching their 2nd release on sat night. It should be a great show. ^_^

Comment

If your still looking you could try this site too... Rockus Online Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X