TWTK - Paid parking + Motorbikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWTK - Paid parking + Motorbikes

What's the deal with paid parking and motorbikes. I'm talking about places where you have to display a ticket stating you've paid for the privilege to park your bike there. It's not like there's any place you can put your ticket... so... are these parking zones off limit? Do you have to fight it out with Wilson's or whatever company it is every time?
    Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

I pay, slip the ticket under my seat and take a picture with my phone to settle any disputes if one arises

Comment

Entirely depends on where you are talking about. There is no consistency at all with local laws between different councils. For eg Perth City Council you are not allowed to park a bike in a car bay, regardless of whether or not you buy a ticket. In Freo you can park in car bays as long as you buy a ticket if required.

The duty is on you to find out the laws for the areas you are going to park in.

Wilsons or any of the other private parking stations is a completely different matter and you'd just need to follow the direction of their signs/staff.

Comment

Local Councils, Perth, Scarborough and Claremont are the 3 that I know of that you are not allowed to park a bike in the car bays

Comment

Hmm... interesting responses...

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
          Perth City Council you are not allowed to park a bike in a car bay.

The duty is on you to find out the laws for the areas you are going to park in.
          That's just freakin annoying. I went to Matsuri's and some b*tch parked over the M/C bay and the closest car park (within 1 km in all directions) was a car bay. I "shared" the car park with my gf, but it really made me wonder what was the correct thing and the right thing to do in that situation.

I get the feeling the correct thing was to look for another car park within a 2km radius, but the right thing was to claim a mirror...

Comment

Whatsit with mirror claiming?
            Get a valve remover and clain the valves from their tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
              Local Councils, Perth, Scarborough and Claremont are the 3 that I know of that you are not allowed to park a bike in the car bays
              considering there are only about 3 bike bays in Claremont, basically they are saying motorcycles aren't welcome in their district.
              Having said that tho, I was once told by centre management where Coles is, to park in a car bay, after I'd parked at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
                How can you not be allowed to park in a parking bay? bike or car, whats the difference? That is shitty!

Comment

fkn arseholes! bloody discrimination if you ask me!
                  As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Originally posted by Breyten View Post
                    Whatsit with mirror claiming?
                    Get a valve remover and clain the valves from their tyres.
                    best valve remover is a pair of plyers.. takes those pesky valves right out..
                    Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

Originally posted by Eukanuba View Post
                      best valve remover is a pair of plyers.. takes those pesky valves right out..
                      I usually only have my pocket knife on me, but these comments make me think I should start carrying my leatherman.

I agree that it's discrimination, but do you think they'll change the rules? Probably not. After all, no one pays attention to the minorities...

Comment

Dont get your knickers in a twist guys.
                        Its no more "discrimination" than the bus only lanes.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                          Dont get your knickers in a twist guys.
                          Its no more "discrimination" than the bus only lanes.
                          I'm willing to put up with that discrimination if it means I can lane split

Comment

in the city its the same, if 3 bikes park in a car bay they will all be fined but if a car parks across 3 bike bays it MAY get one fine....wrong? yes.

the sooner we are like melbourne and are able to park on the footpath responsibly - the better.

ALTHOUGH, a councilor is melbourne is truing to get THAT stopped too.

Dubs

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs View Post
                              in the city its the same, if 3 bikes park in a car bay they will all be fined but if a car parks across 3 bike bays it MAY get one fine....wrong?

Dubs

Agreed, that is wrong. You park incorrectly across 3 bays and you should get 3 tickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X