CWTK: Insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWTK: Insomnia

I want to know who else gets bouts of this (insomnia). And for those that do, what do you do to help you get to sleep.

Tah

Originally posted by cath2791 View Post
    what do you do to help you get to sleep.
    Rub one out.

(bonus points for subtlety?)
    FTP

Comment

Have a bat,
      Drink one alcoholic bev,
      Do more physical activity in a day,
      Have sex,
      Read a book,

Any of the above, in order of most -> least effective IMO

Comment

movie, book, drugs (the prescription sleeping kind)

Comment

I didn't put in weed because I don't know who you are or if that sorta thing floats your boat. You can figure out yourself where in the list of effectiveness it goes

Comment

Meh I just live with it ala Kramer

Comment

just below hash,ketamine and GHB

Comment

Or Bindeez?

Comment

LMAO Thanks heaps for all your suggestions...

If i did them all i'd be a wired, psychotic nympho LOL I think i'll stick to watching doco's, they usually work after a while lol.

Comment

If its that bad see a doctor about it. I got all sorts of sleeping pills for it but most don't work for me or I don't like the after effects of them so I don't take them.

Seems to have calmed down a bit now though, not as bad as it used to be

Comment

Taint it doesnt happen all the time, just every now and then i'll go through patches where i cant get to sleep for a few days in a row and then it comes good... Right now though i'm on about day 6 which is longer than normal. She'll be right though

Comment

Could it be "cycle" related? A few of my girl friends get eager for the kill and restless midway through.
                        Last edited by Taylor; 16-11-2007, 07:50 AM.
                        This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

I know i goes against all the things we are told. My remedy is to put the tv on. Yes the one in the bedroom that we are told is bad for good sleeping habits. Put a dvd on that I like, sound low and timer on for at least an hour. I then drift off as my mind doesn't get distracted by what bills need paying etc. Timing it for an hour usually means I am asleep enough not to be woken when it switches off. By switching it off I am not woken by the repetative music at the end of the dvd. Works for me.
                          "Yesterday was never the future. One cannot live backwards", she told him

Comment

Nah, looked into that, but i couldnt see any form of a pattern or anything. More than likely stress related.

Petal, i do that too. I have NO chance of sleeping if there isn't some form of background noise & thankfully our tv in the bedroom has an eco sensor, so i can take away a lot of the brightness/light from the tv and it doesn't disturb Terry.
                            Last edited by cath2791; 16-11-2007, 07:51 AM.

Comment

How do i get to sleep when i have insomnia?

I try and stay up for as long as possible. Ie, skip a night's sleep entirely.

If you can't sleep the following night, i'd be seeing a doctor...
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X