X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you learnt today?

You learn something new every day
    Everyone knows that quote.

I have learnt that the male Angler fish bites the female Angler fish, then "self destructs" once it's attached. It dissolves until it's testacles are the only thing remaining, then the female uses the sperm whenever she's ready. Also, the male Angler has no digestive system, so it's 'sex or die' for them!

So what have you learnt today?
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Originally posted by Daise View Post
    I have learnt that the male Angler fish bites the female Angler fish, then "self destructs" once it's attached. It dissolves until it's testacles are the only thing remaining, then the female uses the sperm whenever she's ready. Also, the male Angler has no digestive system, so it's 'sex or die' for them.
    This, but I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to introduce it into polite conversation.

Comment

that I can rely on PSB to educate me every day, in one way or another

Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

Comment

that some cops are genuinely nice blokes

Comment

Dunno wots worse. The fact that I learn sweet fuck all today or the fact that I already knew about the male Angler fish's mating habits.
          You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
            Dunno wots worse. The fact that I learn sweet fuck all today or the fact that I already knew about the male Angler fish's mating habits.
            I'm going with the latter

Comment

Originally posted by Viper View Post
              that some cops are genuinely nice blokes
              You learnt this today :o do tell

I like the smell of a new bike

Comment

I knew the male angler fish thing too *sigh*.

I learned that a long awaited feature in the main product we work with at work has already been done once before, and that my boss wants me to reverse engineer it because it's available in the next version. Only it's generating code on the fly, which isn't that easy to do.

I also learned about some of the more powerful features of C# and the differences of C++, Java and C#.
                Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

cappin starfish learned he should zip up the pocket his phone is in before bein a hoon

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                    cappin starfish learned he should zip up the pocket his phone is in before bein a hoon
                    Learnt that one myself on Jules ride last week....

today, learnt buying new phone on ebay is not always a great idea

Comment

oh i lerned that the other day when my 1-2 month old samsung u700 crapped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                        You learnt this today :o do tell
                        The one who pulled me over for being a hoon

Comment

Wasn't my phone, crack monkey. It was the phone cradle that used to live on my triple clamp. Little placcy retaining clip had bust and some weird gravitational anomaly caused it to fall horizontally and off the bike.

My phone pocket experience was a good one, some time ago. And the eBay replacement so far has been fine.
                          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

o ok lol. i left soon after so didn't hear the story.

Comment

Mildly annoying, regardless - but not as annoying as learning how much weight I've stacked on since getting measured for the new 2-piece leathers which I picked up today.

I sure hope it's going to stretch as much as the guy says it would - breathing would be a pleasant option
                              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Working...
                              X