Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSWTK - Chocolate Preferences

Reading (again) some Terry Pratchett last night:

"To call Wienrich and Boettcher 'chocolate makers' was like call Da Vinci 'a decent painter who also tinkered with things'...

They were, naturally, foreigners, and according to Ankh-Morpork's Guild of Confectioners they did not understand the peculiarities of the city's tastebuds.

Ankh-Morpork people, said the Guild, were hearty, no-nonsense folk who did not want chocolate that was stuffed with cocoa liquor, and were certainly not like effete la-di-dah foreigners who wanted cream in everything. In fact the actually preferred chocolate made mostly from milk, sugar, suet, hooves, lips, miscallaneous squeezings, rat droppings, plaster, flies, tallow, bits of tree, hair, lint, spiders and powdered cocoa husks. This meant that according to the food standards of the great chocolate centres in Borogravia and Quirm, Ankh-Morpork chocolate was formally classed as 'cheese' and only escaped, through being the wrong colour, being defined as 'tile grout'".

Why do I think of Cadbury when I read this?

Anyway, chocolate preferences - what do you like? And then, what will you eat anyway?

I'm fussy when I buy but will eat any old shit I find laying about. Love the bitter, 75%+ content dark stuff though!
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

I'm a dark chocolate guy. Love the 90% stuff.

Also this is the latest and greatest in cadbury ads:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzFRV1LwIo]YouTube - Cadbury's Gorilla Advert Aug 31st 2007[/ame]

Comment

Dark bitter PROPER chocolate, not Cadbury's shit.
      70-80% cocoa mass.

Comment

My fave chocolate is red tulip easter eggs. They taste better than any other chocolate to me But, when thats not on hand, i'll eat any chocolate, or anything that has chocolate written some where in the label, or sitting next to chocolate etc LOL

Comment

^^^ spot the girl
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

oooooooooooooh this is an easy one - Cadburys cream eggs or Dairy Milk imported from the UK. It tastes sooooo much nicer than the Aussie Cadburys. Something to do with different ingredients they put in the stuff here to stop it melting apparently. Oh and dark choccy is nice too, and Baskin Robins chocolate mousse royal ice cream, and mars bars.....and smarties, and king size crunchies, and margaret river choc factory stuff.....*beings to perspire*.....ah fuck it i'll eat anything remotely chocolatey...yum yum yum....need some now....arrrrrghhhhh gimme gimme

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
              ^^^ spot the girl
              LOL CS... It's part of our birth rite you know... to consume as much chocolate as humanly possible

Comment

I am chocolate's bitch. I usually demolish one of those 250g blocks in a couple of minutes if I'm feeling the need. Cadbury is ok because its easily available and relatively inexpensive. The Aussie Cadbury tastes slightly different to the Bourneville Cadbury in Pommyland.

I am quite partial to those Nestle Rolo blocks of chocolate. However the nicest stuff I get is from the Choclatier shop in West Perth, they sell all sorts of locally made bagged goodness. The in-house chocolate at that little factory/shop on South Tce in Fremantle is nice too, and the smell of chocolate almost overwhelms you when you walk in, but IMHO its not as nice as the Choclatier stuff.

When I was in Switzerland I tried their chocolate and it is very nice, even the generic wife basher chocolate you get from supermarkets is nicer than the mass produced stuff here. US chocolate like Hersheys is absolute crap.

Comment

Lindt

Comment

Originally posted by milliejane View Post
                    Lindt
                    ^^^ WSS
                    red label, cool but not refrigerated, and Ice magic at the right times and Ferrero Roche's, and Turkish delights and Maltesers, at the right time.
                    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by arwon View Post
                      ^^^ WSS
                      red label, cool but not refrigerated, and Ice magic at the right times and Ferrero Roche's, and Turkish delights and Maltesers, at the right time.
                      and what about all the Roses you scoffed off recently ???

Comment

Oh no, this is going to make me sound like SUCH a pompous snob...

John Walker Nougat chip. Quite expensive, and I cannot make it last - I will scoff it until it is either finished or taken (by the brave) from me.

Lindt, where do I begin? The Dark 75% is divine, and the good thing is that not everyone ikes it (too bitter, more for me). They do a chrystalised orange, my brain does not posses a word to describe its exsquitness. The mint chip is just the right balance of flavours. The Lindt balls, especially the red ones, I melt one in my mouth slowly whereupon I enter "the zone" for a minute or two, then snap out of it and go about my day.

Cadburys *shudders in disgust*, no thanks. Don't fancy Nestle, although their hot drinking chocolate is quite bearable. If I am far from home and in need for a fix, I will pop into a servo and grab a milo bar. Sometimes I will even pay for it.

I can't drink or use drugs, even sex is no longer a vice as I am married ('obligation' is not quite the right word), all I have is my ZXR and chocloate.

If you're ever in Melbourne, there is a great cafe (called Koko, I think), all they do is chocolate. Loved it. Tried to move in, they evicted me... I think Sydney has a Lindt cafe? Is there something like that in Perth. If so, FFS tell me!
                        https://parodieslost.blog/

Comment

I bought a small black tin of chocolate 'leaves' from a special little confectioners near St Kilda (I think, anyway) for an ex.

This stuff was black, about 5,000% cocoa and was just a little slice of heaven.

God damn, the sex was good for a while after she got them

Comment

Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post
                            generic wife basher chocolate
                            hehehe, never heard chocolate mentioned like that before
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I don't normally like choclate, generally only eat it when my body needs the sugar hit.

Will eat Lindt if its on offer tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X