PWTN - Good luck charms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWTN - Good luck charms

I was just wondering what you do as good luck charms or little superstitious type things?

I always put my keys in the car a certain way, and if I forgot, I'll stop the car and swap them before I continue. Its weird but I just do!

I found a St. Christophers thing one day and put it in my bag, later I heard that he was a saint of travel or something, I'm an atheist but I still make sure its there, just as a good luck charm. I'm still alive so I guess its doing its job!

Originally posted by Pricey View Post
    I was just wondering what you do as good luck charms or little superstitious type things?
    I named my motorbike after an nasty ex-girlfriend

Comment

Originally posted by Pkunk View Post
      I named my motorbike after an nasty ex-girlfriend
      haha, is it ugly or just a piece of work

No superstitions for me although I do have an Eye of Horus on my key chain which is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection and power. It might be lucky

Comment

I wear my late Dad's watch, partially for sentimental reasons and partially for good luck.

Comment

I found a St. Christophers thing one day and put it in my bag, later I heard that he was a saint of travel or something, I'm an atheist but I still make sure its there, just as a good luck charm. I'm still alive so I guess its doing its job!
          My icon jacket has one of those sewn into the inside pocket, nice little touch
          If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

I always put my keys in the car a certain way, and if I forgot, I'll stop the car and swap them before I continue. Its weird but I just do!
            I do that too. Both in the car and on my bikes. I dunno why either - just something I do.
            Originally posted by taint View Post
            No superstitions for me although I do have an Eye of Horus on my key chain which is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection and power.
            Depends which eye it is as to exactly what it means. I have an Eye of Horus tattoo as well.

I was wearing a cross during an accident. I put it on when a mate was deployed to the middle east. He came home safe and I survived an accident that by all accounts should have killed me... I've worn it ever since.
            "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

I have my balls on my bike (Those who have seen will understand ) ...
              Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

I wear a lucky charm that protects me from tigers. And I have never been attacked by a tiger.

superstition is for chumps
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                  I wear a lucky charm that protects me from tigers. And I have never been attacked by a tiger.
                  superstition is for chumps
                  Thats a bit like my lucky charm, when I carry it I cannot be harmed.......... Sometimes I have to carry it pretty fast !

Left glove first - always, if I get it wrong I take em off and start again

Bert
                  It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
                  Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I usually put my right glove on first... wierd
                    just habit I guess...

But I don't think I have any good luck charms as such.

Comment

I have a necklace made from the ears of my fallen enemies.

I dunno if it brings good luck or not, but it sure is stylin'.
                      such comment
                      wow
                      many post

Comment

Yeah, St. Christopher is the patron saint of travellers. Interesting to see all the crazy things people do here. I'm no better I guess... I always wear black socks for luck...
                        Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

I put my helmet on before riding my bike, dunno why. just something I do
                          Originally posted by kyliejane
                          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                          Originally posted by harns
                          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

It's not really superstitious, but I have a silver cross I wear around my neck. I'm not religious, but the cross belonged to a friend who passed on, and I was given it by his mum at his funeral.
                            I tend to cross myself or kiss it before I ride.

Comment

When racing I wear a penny i was given by a loved one who passed. day to day a necklace i shared with a princess VVV she wore hers when she was buried so i will wear mine till then.

Comment

Working...
                              X