PWTK (PBB wants to know...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWTK (PBB wants to know...)

Have any of u guys heard of any probs with putting a BA Falcon on gas? The olds are looking at buying one and putting it on gas but have heard some dogy reports about them...
    Thanks peeps!
    * I take no responsibility for my posts! The lil man in my head makes me type it... ^_^

Ford sold a dedicated gas BA with a fancy green rocker cover. I think i remember reading something in the manual that discourages the conversion of non-gas BAs. Be worth checking it out with Ford directly though. BA's suffer enough issues without chucking more variables in to the mix.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Um...

Falcon + spending more money than you're already going to have to spend just to keep the bloody thing on the road?

Maybe things have changed since I last owned a Ford, but...
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Nope... they havent.

My last employer ran a fleet of Falcadores. Both as bad as the other and as bad as they have ever been.
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

The factory gas BA's are quite temperamental, often run like shit, my mate had one as a work car and it was always going back to get the gas system diagnosed for misfires, poor mixture, stalling etc.

Then again my petrol BA is tough as, haven't had any problems with mine at all. You're always going to get rotten apples in the bunch, like anything. The "don't convert non gas BA's" is shite by Ford to make people buy their shitty factory system and put the warranty frighteners on them, look at all the BA taxis running around, they're all on gas and all have upwards of 400,000klm on them and they have aftermarket systems fitted.

Incidentally I got a quote off Mews Autogas last week to get mine gas converted - $4,200.

Comment

Thanks boys
            * I take no responsibility for my posts! The lil man in my head makes me type it... ^_^

Comment

you always say thanks to the boys mwahahahahaha

sorry couldnt helk meself
              Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

^^^ What else did he whisper in your ear last night when you slipped under the covers at his place ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
                  Ford sold a dedicated gas BA with a fancy green rocker cover. .

yep Ive got the 03 BA wagon with that same factory system.
                  no probs yet but only have put 90000klms on it so far.
                  Cheap for fuel costs and more than enough power for towing

Comment

Working...
                  X