What would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you buy?

I have a ZZR that's clocking up the miles like a fat kid eating cake, and at this rate will have about 25,000 kms on it by the time I sell it. However, another rider's GT250R Hyosung will have about 2000 km on it by the time they sell it.

The bikes have both been serviced regularly by Causeway Motorbikes. Both in excellent condition. The ZZR was ridden over long distances regularly (100 km+) and was used for daily commutes taking roughly 25-30 minutes each day. The GT250R went for the occasional long ride but the majority of the 2000 km are daily 2 minute trips, meaning the engine has been running cold for the majority of its life and knowing the rider's habits wasn't given time to warm up before being ridden a little to relatively hard (I keep saying it's a crime to turn the thing on for such a short ride and I'd rather ride a pushbike than do that to my bike).

So here's the question:
    Which would you buy over the other? There's no "Neither" or "Other" options for a reason.

EDIT: Assume the two are the same price.
    Red 2006 Hyosung GT250R, 2000 km on odo
    36.59%
    Black 2006 Kawasaki ZZR250, 25, 000 km on odo
    63.41%
    Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

given both are the "same" price I would go the Hyo, simply because someone has overpriced the ZZR significantly

Comment

Where is the "neither" option?

Comment

I refuse to concede that a hyosung is a good purchase, in any circumstance.

Comment

Look for something else? Can you put that in the poll? I agree with lee here too, if push came to shove it would have to be the ZZR.

But then for the prices im guessing you would be paying for these bikes, you could get a tidy RGV.
          I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

I would buy... a carton and wait until I have more money
            Real Men Ride Nakid
            http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

why do you want to sell you zzr and get another 250?

Keep it till you get your R licence then buy a big bike
              As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

I'm not selling it yet, but I'm just posing a hypothetical right now. My sis is going for a R1 or R6 in a few months, as well as her big bike, but keeps saying that value for money the Hyo she owns is better in all aspects than the ZZR I ride. I personally disagree, and while there's a bit of a bias on PSB against Hyo's it was interesting to see the two pitted against each other, especially to see what people would say if they knew the mechanical and riding history of the bike. I'd say she's done about 320'ish days of riding at 2 km intervals, which is a lot of mileage while the engine is constantly cold.

I think she'll sell it for a LOT more than I will when both of us part ways with our current bikes, largely due to misinforming the person buying her bike about how it was ridden.

Comment

meh, even if she gets more for hers, at least you got the enjoyment out of yours doing a lot more riding.
                  Originally posted by kyliejane
                  benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                  Originally posted by harns
                  Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

this poll is useless.

You're asking a bunch of people who ride, and a forum which is biassed against hyos. both the bikes in question will more than likely be looked at by complete noobs, and I'd say 85% or MORE of those, would buy the hyo first for looks, and low k's.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                      this poll is useless.

You're asking a bunch of people who ride, and a forum which is biassed against hyos. both the bikes in question will more than likely be looked at by complete noobs, and I'd say 85% or MORE of those, would buy the hyo first for looks, and low k's.
                      and because they're totally like baby ducatis!!!1

Comment

Sometimes more isn't better.

Comment

I wouldn't buy the Hyo if you paid me...

How is that even a comparison?? Hyo vs Kwaka? My vote lays with the almighty Kwaka.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                            Both the bikes in question will more than likely be looked at by complete noobs, and I'd say 85% or MORE of those, would buy the hyo first for looks, and low k's.
                            I must fall into the 15% or less than for checking to see what the general opinion was on these bikes, potential problems and as much information on it as I could find. My sister must be too, because she originally wanted the ZZR or a VTR but couldn't afford one brand new. As must the guy living next door who just bought a used Virago on the advice that his dad offered as to whether it was a decent buy or not. This isn't even considering that I don't know a single person getting into riding that hasn't had an experienced rider go with them to look at used bikes, one who would ask these sorts of questions, or point out things to look for when buying a bike.

Then again, what would I know? I am and was just a n00b.

Originally posted by lee View Post
                            and because they're totally like baby ducatis!!!1
                            They break all the time ?

Comment

I'm just tellin it like I see it. We see sooo many 'hey so hi im new .. what do u guys think about hyosungs? might get one' posts.. followed by 'dont..' followed by 'fuck you all im gettin one cos its cheap and looks good' ....

*shrug*

Comment

Working...
                              X