AWTK - Camo Pants...wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWTK - Camo Pants...wtf

Ok ... been wondering this for a while, and search brought up a couple thousand results, so here goes:

Whats the deal with camo pants on motorbike riders?
    Why do so many people like them? wear them? want them?
    Is it a visibility thing? if so, why no Camo jackets?
    I haven't looked at the Draggin's site, but do Camos provide better protection? Better construction?

Personally ... I couldn't think of anything WORSE than camo pattern clothing, so I am curious as to what the facination is.

(The PSB Kevlar jeans reminded me of this question as there are already a bunch of people requesting Camo gear!!! )

Cheers
    Originally posted by JuanGabrielle
    I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

they are just a design, loose fitting unlike some others in the range

Comment

yeh the jeans and chinos didnt feel right on me.. the cargos were good and they only come in camo. *shrug*

Comment

I reckon my new urban camo draggins are a lot more visible than my jeans.

Comment

Cargos are more comfy. I now have a couple of pairs of black cargos, and a pair of silverbacks. I bought camo cargos originally because they didn't/i didn't know they made black. I tend to only wear my camo pair when I'm just riding from a-b and can get changed afterward, or don't care about how ridiculous I look when wearing them (eg, i take a change of pants to work anyway)

Comment

FARK!!!! I've been wondering the same thing, I fuggin hate cammo, reminds me of when I was 8 years old and I thought it was cool be an army man.
            Originally posted by kyliejane
            benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
            Originally posted by harns
            Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

I still like the camo's but only have a pair of Black cargo's and a couple of pairs of shift Kevlar Jeans. Need some more draggins though

Comment

Cargos I can understand, they are definitely more comfortable than jeans.. but I couldnt push myself to go cammo pattern. (Khaki, black etc are fine).

Any temperature benefits from Cammo? I am sure they would be heaps better than black cargos, but not sure about the benefits over khaki.
                I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

Comment

Obviously a lighter colour would be cooler, but the difference would be close to fuck all once you are moving...

Comment

I like my camo's...

Comment

Funny that isnt it?

Camos were originally designed so that soldiers WOULDNT stand out.
                      Now some bike riders wear them so that they DO stand out.
                      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

i got draggin street jeans and they are bloody thick and hot. good for winter but sucky for anything over about 25C. And they are freaking tight fitting

My brother just got the cargos and says they are heaps lighter and cooler than the jeans

maybe thats why?
                        Wes

Comment

Yeah, the brightly coloured "can't-see-me-pants" I reckon are the way to go in order to actually be seen.

For an amazingly ugly piece of clothing, I really quite like them.
                          such comment
                          wow
                          many post

Comment

Sorry if my question was a bit ambiguous ... I meant when choosing between 'jeans' and other types of pants,

Why these:

Instead of these:

No offence meant to owners of camo gear.. just wondered if there was a specific reason for motorcyclists to wear them. (its not like camo gear has really taken off in other fields...other than the army, of course)

Answer: Visibility? I think that seems to be the winner...

Comment

Originally posted by Ambian View Post
                              Sorry if my question was a bit ambiguous ... I meant when choosing between 'jeans' and other types of pants,

Why these:

Instead of these:

No offence meant to owners of camo gear.. just wondered if there was a specific reason for motorcyclists to wear them. (its not like camo gear has really taken off in other fields...other than the army, of course)

Answer: Visibility? I think that seems to be the winner...
                              I'll take the girls ass rather than the dude thnx

Comment

Working...
                              X