SWTK: Best Hangover Cure??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWTK: Best Hangover Cure??

With the amount of parties happening this time of year, recovery time becomes important.
    Whats everyones best hangover cure to pull you through the next day?
    Riding - Living the dream...

A good hurl, greasy food and rest.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

1 Drinking 2l of water before bed is a Myth. The dehydration damage has already been done to your brain. But drinking a powerade or similar with Electrolytes will help

2 For water to help you need to drink it constantly through the night. 1 x Beer 1 x Water etc. You'll piss like a racehorse, but you'll wake up better. Also its a myth that mixing drinks gets you more pissed. Alcohol is alcohol. However cheap spirits have a lot more artificial colours flavors and other crap that can make your hurl and make hangover worse. Drink top shelf

3 Powerade again in the morning helps.

4 Vallium helps stops the trembles.

5 Good greasy bacon & Egg Brekky helps the stomach.

6 A good spew before you go to bed will result in much less of a hangover. However your mouth will feel like a gorilla shat in it. So drink water afterward and preferably brush your teeth so the stomach acid doesnt rot ya teeth.

7 If you are feeling the room spining try and sleep with one foot on the floor and one hand on a solid flat surface like a table as the touch sensation will help the brain realise the body isnt actually spinning.
      You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

gatorade before bed, water between drinks (never happens)

Double quarter pounder in the morning, or one of those new king of breakfast muffins, hair of the dog works well too

Comment

1 pint of water and 2 panadols before you go to bed. Works every time.
          Feels good man.

Comment

i just dont get hangovers

arent i lucky!!!

my gut might feel bad but thats about it

i drink water before i go to bed
            works for me
            might not for evryone
            ive had panadol just to be sure in the morning because i had to go for a long ride that day
            ellE

jenius

Comment

The number one, guaranteed cure for a hangover:
              don't get so stupidly fucking drunk.

Waking up the next morning feeling like shit is partly due to alcohol, but also partly due to a late night.

I've found a good guzzle of water before bed helps. As does waking up a few hours later, drinking as much water as possible and going back to bed. If you can discipline yourself to take water during the drinking session that helps a huge amount too.
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I've heard that panadol when drinking is bad. They are both processed by your liver, but alcohol is processed first, so the paracetamol sits about in your body, loitering.

I'm a bit hazy on what it does while it's lurking about, maybe it sprays graffiti or mugs old ladies for their pension money.

Does anyone with half a clue have any idea?
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Paracetamol and alcohol both belt shit out of your liver. Don't know about the order of processing but suspect it's not quite as simple as "form a disorderly queue"...

Ibuprofen ftw. Or water, more water and try to sleep through the hangover.

BTW food may settle the biliousness but it places even more load on a liver that's already struggling to recover.
                  "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

1) Dont drink

2) Notwithstanding 1, booze, water, booze, water, booze, water etc...

3) Berrocca & neurofen before bed.
                    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                    Its the little things that make the difference
                    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                      The number one, guaranteed cure for a hangover:
                      don't get so stupidly fucking drunk.
                      hehehehe NEVA.

I am one of the lucky ones that dont get a hangover. Sleep deprivation, yeah, but you get over that.

Couple of glasses of water before I crash and Berrocca, coffee or red bull to wake me back up if I'm real tired.

Comment

Don't drink.
                        Seriously though, a couple of multivitamins with as much water as you can drink before you go to sleep works wonders.
                        Alcohol strips your body of goodness and dehydrates the crap out of you.

EDIT: Echoing what the Choccy starfish says, have a drink, then a glass of water, then a drink, then water......

Comment

Gin and orange juice.

Works a treat.

Tastes like shit if it's cheap gin, though. Must be proper 100% juice, too.
                          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                          In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                          Amen, brother. Amen.
                          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

What does the Gin do? Stop the flies from landing in your juice?

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                              What does the Gin do? Stop the flies from landing in your juice?

Comment

Working...
                              X