TWTK - Motorbike crash, need repairs, advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWTK - Motorbike crash, need repairs, advice

Ok, first of all: I'm ok. $1500 buys you a nice set of protective gear; you hope you never have to use it but when you do use it you're glad you've got it.

My bike, on the other hand, is not as ok as me. It needs things put on it now. It is rideable, but only just - front forks are twisted, rear brake lever is bent in, fairing is F*CKED on the right hand side. Mechanically it needs to be checked out but seems ok - from what I can see through the cracks in the fairing, there's no damage to the actual body. Go one for the ZZR fairing taking all the scratch damage.

So I'm with WQBE, and I need to know what's going to happen now - are they going to take my baby away and replace her, or what?
    Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Glad you're ok.

I doubt you'll get a replacement unless the repair bill is very close too or exceeds the replacement cost.

Have you spoken to QBE yet?
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Call Simon at Motorcycle panel and paint, he'll sort you out for repairs, does insurance work too...
      Sponsored by:
      Coote Industrial, Comleck- electrical,
      Motorcycle Panel and Paint, Milkd

Comment

i'd say its not ridable if the front forks are twisted

how'd ya manage this?
        (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

They're twisted, but not badly Moorby. I rode to Perth, checked there wasn't any oil spurting everywhere, or coolant leaking, etc. but everything seemed ok. Twisted off probably on a 5؛ angle - noticeable but not severe. Probably couldn't do O-turns. I won't be riding the bike for a while, put it that way. No more learner cruises for me on Thursdays .

The cause? Strictly speaking, violation of right of way of motorbike. Before anyone says, "bloody cagers" the sun was to my back, her view was obstructed by the following car and I was moving a bit too quickly for the situation on the leftmost side of the lane (and slowing down at the time as I realised I was moving too quickly). Was I splitting? At the point of impact, no. But before that yes. So several factors came in to play, some of which will make it questionable as to who's at fault. We're both with Western QBE so I'm pretty sure they're not going to like this.

Comment

just wack it down to simon, do a bit of paper work and let him and wqbe sort it.
            they cover your gear as well, so hopefully all will end well

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

I've heard Simon at panel and paint is good too.
              Don't go to Vitech whatever you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                I've heard Simon at panel and paint is good too.
                Don't go to Vitech whatever you do.

Seconded, Simon is half the price and the quality just as good.... He must be doing alright- he's got a chopper and a custom harley on the go with more to come...
                Sponsored by:
                Coote Industrial, Comleck- electrical,
                Motorcycle Panel and Paint, Milkd

Comment

Originally posted by BlackICE View Post
                  Seconded, Simon is half the price and the quality ten times as good....
                  Fixed for you.

Comment

hey, if the forks are not bend, but only twisted, then u can undo the brackets, and put them in place. thats what happened to me on the zzr, mechanic 'untwisted' them, and said its designed to do so. But throw away the disc brakes... and buy new front one!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, this is fantastic. I might just be able to get my baby back on the road sometime within the relatively near future! I'll go to my parents place, pick up the trailer and trailer it to Osborne park (realistically I could ride it, but then I wouldn't have any way to get home and it's rather unsafe to do so).

Is this the one?

Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                      U 4/ 69 Hector St Osborne Park 6017
                      (08) 9244 7202

Comment

+1 for motorcycle panel n paint. great bloke there.

Comment

Yeh another fan of Simon at Motorcycle Panel and Paint here

Comment

Just got off the phone to the lads at WQBE insurance - they're trying to encourage me to get the bike assessed AND repaired at Dale Brittons (my closest dealer). Currently the computers are down at the WQBE center, but they'll be lodging my claim and getting everything started pretty soon.

Comment

that's awesome that you and the cage are insured at the same company ( QBE ) - you'll find it'll get repaired heaps quicker..

most delays come from 2 different companies waiting on paperwork and assessors.. same company = 10x faster..

hope you get your bike back before new years !
                              Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

Working...
                              X