WWTK: Parking possibilities...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWTK: Parking possibilities...

Went to Midland Gate shopping centre yesterday and couldnt find any m/c bays. So i thought, meh ill just park at the door. then i thought, am i allowed to do this OR should it be better for me to occupy a car bay OR should i park right at the entrace?

i ended up parking on an island in the undercover car park.

do u rekon ppl get pissed when they see a bike right at the entrance of shopping centres etc?

so yeah, what would you do?

i do it

Comment

I reckon always park in a m/c bay if there are any. If not, then do as you did and just survey the situation. If there are heaps of car bays then sure why not just park in a car bay? If not then park somewhere out of the way where you wont inconvenience people.

Comment

if you go to the underground carpark, right next to where the escalators come out are about 8 MC bays

otherwise, island FTW.

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

just don't park by the doors at Galleria

$50 is very expensive parking
          Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

Comment

Lets see them enforce it!

Never had any problems parking on the footpaths of any shopping centre.
            You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
              Lets see them enforce it!
              they'll probably drag you to court on a trespass charge if you don't pay their fine.

Comment

at the galleria, i park at the top, nearby some support poles for the cover. I've never had a problem

Comment

There are about 4 bike bays northwest corner of the carpark under the messine carpark. If you park in the underground carpark next to the escalators your better off parking next to the wall as a bike got knocked over when he parked there by some dumbass cage.

Comment

I'm concerned about parking in car bays just in case some wanker in a 4x4 goes to pull in, doesn't see my bike and runs it over... go the island
                    In the cherry blossom's shade
                    There's no such thing
                    as a stranger.

Comment

if there's no M/C Bays.. or some arse clown has their cage across them..
                      park in a disabled bay.. *tongue in cheek*
                      Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

So long as you're not "in the way" (ie on a footpath, loading bay, etc) i say go for it.

If there's no "no parking" sign, it's fair game
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Besides the underground bays mentioned above, I saw some m/c bays at Midland Gate at the Town Hall end of the two story car park which fronts the Highway.

If you come from Midland, you turn left at the traffic lights, then they're on your right. I think.

Comment

Joondalup (Lakeside) SC does not have many m'cycle bays. So I just put the couch next to the 'cycle' parking....you know the ones, a 'hand-me-down' hitching rail from the horse drawn years.

Cycle? CYCLE?...I thought a MotorCYCLE would qualify!
                            Originally posted by Viper
                            I'm probably fucking something up.
                            FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                            Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
                              Joondalup (Lakeside) SC does not have many m'cycle bays. So I just put the couch next to the 'cycle' parking....you know the ones, a 'hand-me-down' hitching rail from the horse drawn years.

Cycle? CYCLE?...I thought a MotorCYCLE would qualify!

yep id do the same. look for Motorbike parking, then Cycle spots then if all else fails park in a convenient path or corner thats not in the way. dont trust cages not to push me out of the way as they try to on the road

the plus from parking in a cycle spot is i think people have a chuckle from seeing a motorbike parked up againt those poles they chain their pushers to

Comment

Working...
                              X