Folau

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folau

The question normally discussed is should he be terminated, I ask, should it be legal for a employer to have such terms and conditions in a contract.

Secondly, his wife, a legend of New Zealand netball might not be at the world cup due to sponsors ALLEGEDLY asking for her removal from the team. The supposed crime of the Folau's is their veiws which are non tolerant of others..Can't the same charge be applied to the sponsors? (and their lack of diversity of opinion?)

The question should be, does he ride and what type of bike.

He signed the contract. The contract requires compliance with a code of conduct. He breached the code.
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post
      The question normally discussed is should he be terminated, I ask, should it be legal for a employer to have such terms and conditions in a contract.

Secondly, his wife, a legend of New Zealand netball might not be at the world cup due to sponsors ALLEGEDLY asking for her removal from the team. The supposed crime of the Folau's is their veiws which are non tolerant of others..Can't the same charge be applied to the sponsors? (and their lack of diversity of opinion?)
      What terms and conditions would they be? I have not read them but a court has upheld the contract already.

Which leads to "If we changed the law would it apply across the board or just for one religious sect?"

The supposed "crime" is about how he aired those views in relation to his workplace, not the views themselves. That is just a right wing sycophant beat up.
      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post

What terms and conditions would they be? I have not read them but a court has upheld the contract already.

Which leads to "If we changed the law would it apply across the board or just for one religious sect?"

The supposed "crime" is about how he aired those views in relation to his workplace, not the views themselves. That is just a right wing sycophant beat up.
        Look, don't start beating up on the 'right wingers'. Being a lefty, I understand the persecution based on handedness. Either you are a Lefty (spawn of the devil), an Ambi (so cool it doesn't matter which hand you wank with) or a boring righty. Those poor suckers are the sheep of the writing world. 'Oh, you can only write with the right? Sorry we need more than half a brain in our club".
        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

But where do an employers rights end? If your employer told that you must be in bed by 9pm every Saturday, would you accept that?

And what about his wife? She hasn't signed any agreement but her teams sponsors disagree with her support of her husband and ALLEGEDLY want her axed from the New Zealand team.

Would she have a case for unlawful termination?

Comment

My error, it has not been to any court yet.

If my employer asked me to sign a $1mil/year contract that told me to be in bed at 21:00 every Sat night, I would happily sign on. If that was untenable, I wouldn't.

As for his wife? Depends on what she signed up for. Ultimately it is the employees choice.

Maybe they need a better union?
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Dude's a fucking headcase along with his over-influential dad. Apparently he has heavily invested in real estate, $millions so why calling poor, can't afford court case?

An idiot & hypocrite would be an appropriate description of this clown & his family as well.

Those Christian Missionaries that focused on the Pacific Islanders have a lot to answer for. Cargo Cult anyone?

Comment

yep the church has brain washed him, like many others.

i have zero time for anyone with religion, maybe their city is to light polluted to see the stars above, i don't know.. Science!

Comment

Ahh, religion. I remember once a few years back, I was in Broome with my wife, visiting her sister & BiL. We visited an outdoor market while we were there, and met some of their friends - they were talking about the previous days Sunday service - one of them asked me what I thought of it - told them I don't do that stuff. To which they asked "Why not?" My response was "A better question would be "Why on earth *would* I?"

Comment

There is a good reason why sport sponsors don't want to get involved in politics. Sport makes people happy, politics makes people angry.
                    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
                      The question should be, does he ride and what type of bike.

He signed the contract. The contract requires compliance with a code of conduct. He breached the code.
                      Exactly and it wasn't just once, he'd done it previously and been warned not to do it again but couldn't help himself
                      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                      Originally posted by Phildo
                      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                      Originally posted by filbert
                      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post

I do however realise that we need to censor "religious freedoms". Would we tolerate other players going on about "infedels"?

No

But

In relation to his workplace? He did it on his personal page, not wearing team colours, not during "work hours". Surely there needs to be a separation of the two somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post

I do however realise that we need to censor "religious freedoms". Would we tolerate other players going on about "infedels"?

No

But

In relation to his workplace? He did it on his personal page, not wearing team colours, not during "work hours". Surely there needs to be a separation of the two somewhere?

Did he use a pseudonym?

If he is so righteous, he would have.

Comment

Warning
                            • Drunks
                            • Homosexuals
                            • Adulterers
                            • Liars
                            • Fornicators
                            • Thieves
                            • Idolaters
                            Repent
                            Hell awaits you
                            Only Jesus Saves

Can't really see all the fuss. Most people don't believe in hell so what the issue. In the Media its been all about LGBT issues and how uncaring he is. Have not seen drunks, liars or people who like unwedded sex getting all butt hurt. Hell pun intended who has never told a lie!!! Its just his view just like other's have their views I really can't see how this is so hurtful and such a big issue. The way he has been treated by our Media is a disgrace just because he has a different view to their obvious bias and now he's been shut down. If he said all those people should die it would be an issue he hasn't threatened anyone. Now there are calls to ban his wife being in a Netball team overaction or what....

MM

Comment

With the exception of one group, everyone else on that list has a choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X