Car calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car calls

A car manufacturer is conducting a recall of cars to check the airbags but says its too expensive to fix the problem so they are offering to buy back the vehicles.

What if I don't except their offer? Will the transport department unlicence my car anyway (as it won't meet adrs)?

Anyone been thru this and had a "win" ?

Originally posted by datsikk View Post
    A car manufacturer is conducting a recall of cars to check the airbags but says its too expensive to fix the problem so they are offering to buy back the vehicles.

What if I don't except their offer? Will the transport department unlicence my car anyway (as it won't meet adrs)?

Anyone been thru this and had a "win" ?
    I'm guessing they don't have an option to refuse to do it as it is a Govt mandated recall, It's not their call
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Heard of a couple of people have 'won' by getting rid of their old cars at above (slightly) market value. If you want to keep it, not sure. Suspect the car manufacturer may play funny games as there's not a replacement available. A lot of the cars that have been recalled have had the same dodgy airbags re-installed (just newer versions), they'll have to recall again in 5 yrs or so, but by then there will be less cars on the road.
      I've heard the old BMW's are being shipped to India and resold there to recoup costs, because India doesn't require airbags for that age of car.

Comment

Working...
      X