Sharing Covid vaccination info with employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing Covid vaccination info with employer

Can an employer can ask your vaccination status, more to the point, who is your "employer"? Your manager or only HR? Surely vaccination records are the same as any other medical records and therefore private?

I'm currently living in the U.S. but yes. We recently asked all our employees to fill out a simple secure poll (via 3rd party) that indicated whether or not they were vaccinated. No response gave you a non-vaccinated status.
    This information was then shared with HR, your respective business unit, project and department leadership to support compliance of company protocols.
    A week later new HR protocols came out that said unvaccinated people had to be tested weekly to work (in office or on site) and now that we have your names we will be checking you for compliance.
    :stupid:

Comment

I work at a hospital (wish I didn't) and they don't know if you have the jab or not, they only know when you have asked your supervisor to go home early to get the jab and the supervisor has passed on the info.
      Will be compulsory for employment soon anyway (in certain sectors).
      "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Hey Datsikk,

Your employer is allowed to ask about your vaccination status, but there are rules about how the question is asked and how your response is managed as this is private medical information.

HTML Code:
        https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/covid-19/covid-19-vaccinations-and-my-privacy-rights-as-an-employee/
        I had to draft a letter for my staff to ask this question, which included a key statement that disclosing the information was voluntary.

Comment

Originally posted by Wedge View Post
          This information was then shared with HR, your respective business unit, project and department leadership to support compliance of company protocols.
          A week later new HR protocols came out that said unvaccinated people had to be tested weekly to work (in office or on site) and now that we have your names we will be checking you for compliance.
          Sounds like the "anonymous" surveys where I work.
          Before we begin, please tell us : your gender, your department, how long you have worked for us, your age bracket. Now, lets begin the "anonymous" survey......

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
            I work at a hospital (wish I didn't) and they don't know if you have the jab or not, they only know when you have asked your supervisor to go home early to get the jab and the supervisor has passed on the info.
            Will be compulsory for employment soon anyway (in certain sectors).
            I don't understand why it should be compulsory. It doesn't stop you getting Covid or transmitting it. Why isn't the media asking this?

Comment

The media is a controlling mind washing tool only....

This document from uk government table 5 pg23 that even double dosed there is a chance of death, hospitalisation etc.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...gotfPKKW9L1LlM

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                The media is a controlling mind washing tool only....

This document from uk government table 5 pg23 that even double dosed there is a chance of death, hospitalisation etc.
                Let me get this right. (Pages 22 and 23) for the DOUBLE dose vaccinated there were 73K cases going to hospital of which 679 died. For the UNvaccinated there

were 183K going to hospital of which ONLY 390 died.

So the chance of dying is FOUR TIMES HIGHER FOR THOSE VACCINATED?

Comment

Makes you wonder what’s inside the vaccine…

Comment

Dividing one number by another and coming up with an incorrect narrative to reinforce your confirmation bias is not what these tables are supposed to be used for.

If you don't understand the underlying effects in the data, specifically the skew that age puts on the death rate, don't try to science.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      incorrect narrative to reinforce your confirmation bias is not what these tables are supposed to be used for..
                      You forgot to use "diversity and inclusion"

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      If you don't understand the underlying effects in the data.
                      I have asked if I understand it correctly. Thank you for your arrogant reply.

Comment

The real question is, "When you catch Covid, do you want a better chance of surviving with no long term side effects and would you like to have a ventilator someone else could use who has had a bike accident?"
                        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Working...
                        X