FWTK: Best Alterno movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWTK: Best Alterno movie?

Well motivated by another thread on hardcore music and my absolute disgust at main stream american movies that we in Australia have had to suffer in the last few years. I'm asking what are the best "alternative movies" that you have watched?

To start it off, my favourite (its hard to find) is "Hard Core Logo" a rockumentary about a Canadian Punk band.

Then would have to be "Cecille B. DeMented".

Bronson - quite good British film
    Franklyn - another British one, could have been a lot better but definitely fits the 'alternative' category
    Ello

Comment

The King of Kong - one of the best docos I've ever seen. It's about the semi-professional world of playing vintage arcade games. Sounds dull as batshit, but it has heroes, villians and great drama
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Bad Boy Bubby.

Watch it, it will sort your shit right out.

Pay particular attention to the Salvo chick.
        Dead Man's Hand
        Internationational Porter Protection Group
        Just call me Pat

Comment

Not sure what alternative means anymore but would Repo Man qualify?
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Pan's Labrinyth if that qualifies was a great movie
            Originally posted by CBRsairz
            assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

Young Guns 2.

No?

Just go to planet video in Mount Lawley and pick up some randoms. They have huge selection of films you may never heard of. (try the cult section!!!!!)
              On the weekend I watched a Swedish vampire film called , let the right one in. It was pretty awesome.

edit: Barfy, The King of Kong rocked!!! (although it still seems too funny to be actually true. It makes you think it's a kick arse film in the spirit of spinal tap.)
              Can you help with foster care?
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

oh yeah bad boy bubby ... seriously so fucking wrong!

be still you little c*nt ... be still!

Comment

Originally posted by The Faz View Post
                  Well motivated by another thread on hardcore music and my absolute disgust at main stream american movies that we in Australia have had to suffer in the last few years. I'm asking what are the best "alternative movies" that you have watched?

To start it off, my favourite (its hard to find) is "Hard Core Logo" a rockumentary about a Canadian Punk band.

Then would have to be "Cecille B. DeMented".
                  HArd Core Logo, wasn't that about Minor Threat/Fugazi?

Bronson
                  Paranoid PArk
                  Mad Detective
                  13 (Tzemeti)
                  Baxter
                  Benny's Video
                  Bottle Rocket

fave at the moment is Noise good Aussie independant flick.

too many to mention that you could class as alternative.. see link to my collection there's a few in there. If you're looking for ideas or some ideas for something to watch.
                  DVD Profiler, by Invelos Software, Inc.
                  Originally posted by Abuse this
                  Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                    Pan's Labrinyth if that qualifies was a great movie
                    That is seriously one of my favourite movies. The balance between fantasy and realism...innocence and violence...it's a pretty intense movie.
                    Originally posted by Amac
                    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                      That is seriously one of my favourite movies. The balance between fantasy and realism...innocence and violence...it's a pretty intense movie.
                      Just picked up The Orphanage today from jb, also a Del Toro flick.

Comment

I don't know if it counts as ''alternative'' but ''The Hurt Locker'' was an awesome movie to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Pat View Post
                          Bad Boy Bubby.
                          Watched this one with Faz. Have to say, it wasn't half bad.
                          Scared the shit out of me.... but in a highly entertaining way. Haha

I have watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (and read the book) a few times now and it gets better each time... Recommended!
                          Six speed.... so that's five and reverse.... right????

Comment

Thursday.

Great movie, quite unusual...
                            "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Originally posted by Dazed&Confused View Post
                              Watched this one with Faz. Have to say, it wasn't half bad.
                              Scared the shit out of me.... but in a highly entertaining way. Haha

I have watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (and read the book) a few times now and it gets better each time... Recommended!
                              Find Where The Bufallo Roam, it's similar to Fear and Loathing but older with Bill Murray as Hunter S Thompson. Does a cracking job.

Comment

Working...
                              X