DWTK - Vehicle Purchasing Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWTK - Vehicle Purchasing Contracts

So we see it now and have seen it before - people signing a contract and something happens and then the fit hits the shan.

DWTK: What are your suggestions/wordings to write into a contract for the purchase of a motorcycle or even a car.

Rules apply:

Dont take the piss, I want to use the results from this as another guide for people BEFORE they enter into a purchase contract.

We have a lot of people join here who dont have a bike (or a car) and may buy one, so lets drum up some ideas on what folk should be writing into the contract to protect themselves.

Dubs

Purchase from a dealer, or private seller?
    Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

my suggestion is there is no point signing anything before you have the money

if you negotiate a price with a dealer, they may try to tell you the negotiated price is only valid if you sign up now in an attempt to lock in the sale before you walk out the door- which is BS, if they are willing to sell the bike for that price today they will be willing to sell the bike for that price next week.

if the bike is a second hander and gets sold in the interim.. then go and look for another bike, generally speaking its not like they are rare!
      Originally posted by Bendito
      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

1. pending finance to buyers satisfaction
        Saves you getting railroaded into a stupid 15% interest rate

2. offer only valid pending availability of <X> colour/model/feature
        Saves you getting saddled with the horrible Kwaka green colour when you wanted black
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

My two favorites:-

Subject to Finance to the Purchaser's Satisfaction
          Subject to Independant Vehicle Inspection to the Purchaser's Satisfaction

Signed a guy up a few years ago when I was working in a stealership with Subject to Wife's Approval - took a bit of work to satisfy that one
          Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
          For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

I always put subject to finance with my finance broker.

Comment

Originally posted by cocksnogger2 View Post
              Purchase from a dealer, or private seller?
              Private seller I dont think you normally have the same contract issues as with a dealer.

Lets just run with dealer for now.

Dubs

Comment

You can put a subject on a private sale Dubs if you want. When I bought mine private, I told him it was subject to providing the service history.
                Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
                For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

Subject to the Results of an Independant Vehicle Inspection by the RAC being to the Purchaser's Satisfaction...
                  As per a thread a while ago regarding an RAC check. +1 for what G0zer said - why sign until your ready unless its some rare vintage.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

REVS check? $5

Comment

Originally posted by xsnoiz View Post
                      Signed a guy up a few years ago when I was working in a stealership with Subject to Wife's Approval - took a bit of work to satisfy that one
                      Yeah I've done that. Wife came down and we shopped around, found a better deal, so I just told him she didn't like it.

I think the main factor is to be very specific about the conditions. Putting "Subject to RAC vehicle inspection" will just land you with a car that you know is falling apart. It has been inspected, so now it's yours.

Very important to put "to purchaser's satisfaction" on any of those kinds of conditions. Otherwise they can load you with a shit car or shit finance.
                      Originally posted by Amac
                      suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                        1. pending finance to buyers satisfaction
                        Saves you getting railroaded into a stupid 15% interest rate
                        def this one... I wanted to go personal loan (at 9.95%), they said they'd match.. so whatever I signed... putting pending finance... I didn't read their conditions on the % rate.. so am paying 15% until I can refinance...

lesson learnt

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                          my suggestion is there is no point signing anything before you have the money

if you negotiate a price with a dealer, they may try to tell you the negotiated price is only valid if you sign up now in an attempt to lock in the sale before you walk out the door- which is BS, if they are willing to sell the bike for that price today they will be willing to sell the bike for that price next week.

if the bike is a second hander and gets sold in the interim.. then go and look for another bike, generally speaking its not like they are rare!
                          WHS don't sign untill you are ready to go ie negotiate price tell them you'll go do your maths see where you are at and when you are ready to go buy. I've alwyas delt with pretty good guys actually last time I didn't even sign a contract, I did hand over great ferking bank check though I guess he figured I was serious at that point.
                          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                            2. offer only valid pending availability of <X> colour/model/feature within X timeframe

Comment

def make a note of the time frame for delivery. I understand that its pretty normal that in the fine print of a car contract, it will say something like "if delivery date not specified, delivery is to be within 3 months of contract date". You probably dont want to be waiting around for 3 months after you signed up. So check it first and specify a date.

Comment

Working...
                              X