Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CSWTK - Do you own a mobile, or does it own you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSWTK - Do you own a mobile, or does it own you?

Another thread (and some of the posts in it) got me to wondering. I know most people will leap to a ringing phone but there are some, myself included, who will assess importance and decide whether to answer or ignore.

What about you? A leap to the phone? A "meh, I'll call back later"? Or "if it's really important they'll call back". Can you leave a ringing phone to ring out? Or do you have to do something (answer it, or push the "reject" button)?
    Get to that and answer it as fast as I can - it may be important!
    12.90%
    No dramas, I'll check the message later - and maybe call back.
    37.10%
    No dramas, I'll just call the missed call number.
    24.19%
    If it's urgent they'll call again later.
    25.81%
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Ill leap to the phone, then "silence" it... however that has more to do with the fact that i dont like calls in general and will not answer the phone unless its important ie the boss calling on tuesday to give me the shifts, or someone tells me they are guna call...
    More to do with the fact that im sorta freaked out by talking on the phones, rather than prioritizing.

Txts. I find poor form to not txt back if someone txts me!
    Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

I use my mobile as an alarm clock, that's it.

Hate the fucking things.

Comment

I'm lucky that my phone is in no way tied to my job, so all calls are personal. So I do answer 99% of them.
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I frequently let calls go and leave messages for ages.

I'm really pretty ordinary when it comes to contacting to be honest...
          Originally posted by Ferris
          I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

I've always been intrigued by people taking phone calls in the middle of a session, and then happily chatting away for a few minutes. I guess it's their money...
            "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

BTW, there's something screwy going on with the poll. It adds up to over 100%.
              "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

It depends on who it is. If its my mum or dad or another family member i always try and answer it since its possible it is an emergency
                Otherwise i just see who it is and if its seems like its important then i will answer. I am not normally doing anything that important though that i cant answer a phone

EDIT: Sventek, its only counting 10 people as voters haha
                I was just raising hell I wasn't doing no harm, the cops could not appreciate my natural charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                  BTW, there's something screwy going on with the poll. It adds up to over 100%.
                  I think that's because it uses the number of people who have voted to divide the number of votes, as opposed to total votes cast dividing allocation of votes.

Ordinarily it wouldn't be a problem, but the poll allows the user to pick multiple responses...
                  Originally posted by Ferris
                  I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Will usually answer the phone, but if I'm busy I won't. It's not often that I'm too busy to answer in my free time, but won't answer the phone at work or in a lecture/tute at uni.
                    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

yeah multi choice. 90.91% = "90.91% of voters clicked on this one".
                      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Not too worried. If it's important, leave a message or call back...
                        Originally posted by Amac
                        suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

When my mobile rings, I'll answer if its close by
                          If its too far away, i'll check the number (when i feel like it) and call back if i feel like it
                          If i don't feel like it, they can call back if its important.
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I'll usually answer it unless I'm pooping or having sex (this includes with myself).

I don't get very many business calls tho, it's mostly friends. If I don't feel like answering I'll ignore tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                              I've always been intrigued by people taking phone calls in the middle of a session, and then happily chatting away for a few minutes. I guess it's their money...
                              your profession isnt a cheap one, i wouldnt even take my phone in to a session, nuts to that.

I saw a psych once, she had candles going, and a box of tissues on the desk. I think she wanted me to relax and cry

Comment

Working...
                              X