AWTK: Old ppl and bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWTK: Old ppl and bikes

Well i have now been waved to slow down or pointed at and heads shaken by old/older ppl who obviously dont agree with bikes?? (making noise or going faster than cars)

once i was in a suburban street not going that fast but making a bit of noise which got some old lady looking like she was doing the mexican wave at me trying to obviously tell me to slow down or something

and this morning taking of from set of lights going to uni... i had an old dude walk across the road and point at me shaking his head...

is it just me or does this happen to others???

You should be safe from this sort of behaviour on weeknights between 1830 and 1900.
    Originally posted by Ferris
    I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Oldies love wheelies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
        You should be safe from this sort of behaviour on weeknights between 1830 and 1900.
        I didn't realise Neighbours had such a cult following.
        Originally posted by Semi
        I ride slowly because I'm a massive faggot.

Comment

Originally posted by andy_b View Post
          is it just me or does this happen to others???
          It's just you. The universe is trying to communicate something to you, methinks.

Comment

No offense, but it might be something to do with the way you ride and/or the noise your bike makes as I have rarely had people react like that in 28 years of riding.
            "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

It won't happen when Deal or no Deal is on.
              Originally posted by Desmo
              Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

yes happen to me on monday about 1130 am pull up at red light lady next to me winds down widow an goes nice bike gives me a big smile batters eyes would have been at least 75 made me smile

Comment

hmm kinda the opposite but ok

Comment

I have got a few oldies shake their heads at me... All of them have happened at the shelley river-run, I wasn't speending in most cases so I'm pretty sure they weren't happy with me disturbing their peaceful evening with my obnoxious exhaust noises.

Comment

Originally posted by Xuaxace View Post
                      I'm pretty sure they weren't happy with me disturbing their peaceful evening with my obnoxious exhaust noises.
                      Just tell them it's a safety feature; if those deaf old bastards can hear you, then so can other road users.

Comment

A zzr with afaik stock cans?

I'd hardly call it obnoxious, it's just the annoying 250 sound...
                        Originally posted by Ferris
                        I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

In my experience, there are plenty of old people who like bikes. The ones that I see complain more often/louder are the 30-45 age group who think everything needs to be legislated... just think of the children!
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
                            A zzr with afaik stock cans?

I'd hardly call it obnoxious, it's just the annoying 250 sound...
                            mine is the obnoxious one... gt250r with screaming demon shorty revving up till its top before changing gears usually

Comment

Bloody noisy 250s!!1

(old people love the 2 stoke, BRAAAP BRAAAAAAP)
                              Originally posted by Amac
                              suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Working...
                              X