After work shower - arvo or night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After work shower - arvo or night?

When I worked FIFO on the mines there wasn't a chance in hell I didn't have a shower the second I got back to my room after work. For a start, most sites I worked at were hot and dusty and nearly all sites have a rule that you can't rock up to the mess dirty.
    But... since starting work in the city in an office job, I've found I prefer to shower later at the night rather than as soon as I get home. I'd rather flick on the news, have a beer and chill for a while these days.

So, it got me wondering, what do others prefer and why?
    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
    Amen, brother. Amen.
    My nemesis; Barfridge

It depends on what im doing...
    If its just a long day at uni or something, then i can wait till whenever to shower...
    Usually when i get home from the Bar, i crash in bed (Seein as its like 5 in the mor), then get up and shower in the morning!
    When i worked at the paintball, I'd walk through the door and jump in the shower straight away...
    Preference? None really... Showers a shower! All depends on how dirty i feel and how quick i wana feel clean again!
    Christianity... It's just one woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

I really should shower after work, but i usually get home at 6am or so, so its straight to bed for me.
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Shower after gym Mon-Fri
        One shower a day !

Comment

If you're not getting that dirty during the day, there's nothing like hitting the sheets fresh out of the shower. Also - I'm lazy. Going to bed clean means the sheets last longer between washes

But if I've been diving or getting dirty in the shed or yard, I'll shower before settling into "inside" time of an evening.

Hornet - what about if you're heading out? Shower, shit and shave before you leave for the night, or do you wait until you get home?
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Depends what I'm doing.

If I'm out on site (very rare these days) I'll shower asap. Unless the weather is utter shit, in which case I'll eat, then shower. It's a real chore getting from the room to the mess without getting fucked up in bad weather.

Shower after training and right before hitting bed, unless I've gotten dirty at work. Sitting in the office isn't too taxing on the ol' body.
            such comment
            wow
            many post

Comment

Just depends, when I was working in the building industry I would usually come home and relax for a while (have a cool drink/beer etc) much to the missus annoyance unless absolutely covered in crap :o

These days working 12 hr shifts at the Prison it depends on the shift, on days I will usually wait till later to have one unless it's the middle of summer
              After a NS a lot of times I will crawl straight into bed and go to sleep unless I have to do something like take my 6 yr old to school or again if it's the middle of summer and I'm all sweaty
              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
              Originally posted by Phildo
              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
              Originally posted by filbert
              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

twice a day.

I love me some clean Bunyack Bumcrack.
                Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

I worked fifo but i did IT (mostly office-ish stuff) so i'd have a shower when i got back to my room, after the trip to the mess/pub. i.e. before bed.

unless i've had an unusually strenuous day, this is what i do, rather than as soon as i get home. i guess it depends on how much physical work you do (as opposed to mental).
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                    there's nothing like hitting the sheets fresh out of the shower.
                    Agreed
                    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                    Amen, brother. Amen.
                    My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by Semi View Post
                      I really should shower after work, but i usually get home at 6am or so, so its straight to bed for me.
                      Yeh dude know the feeling. Last time I came home from bartending and had a shower, I fell asleep in the shower.

So straight to bed for me also.
                      Originally posted by Semi
                      I ride slowly because I'm a massive faggot.

Comment

usually playing some sort of sport after work, so sweat it out there (with a nice iron ore tan), then shower before bed.

Having a warm shower helps you sleep better too, as a dropping body temp makes you sleepy.

Comment

have shower straight away, because im usually sweaty or have cement all over my legs
                          Better than you since '87

Comment

Generally shower before i go to bed, if i go to bed. If i dont go to bed i will have one before going back to work, or if i have a really 'messy' night at work then first thing in the morning when i get home (ie anytime between 9am and 7pm )

Comment

Shower?

Comment

Working...
                              X