Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LWTK: Should this Caster Semenya be stripped of his-her medals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LWTK: Should this Caster Semenya be stripped of his-her medals?

"WORLD athletics is in crisis with tests showing champion runner Caster Semenya is a hermaphrodite - a person with both female and male sexual characteristics. "

Tests show world champion runner Caster Semenya is a hermaphrodite | World News | News.com.au

Ok, so she-he wasn't given the choice of being born with both male & female genitalia.

I suppose surgery could have been done earlier, but considering it's not her-his fault they were born defective, should she-he be stripped of the medals won because sports are always strictly fall into the male and female categories?

Should this have been addressed prior to competitive sports or should we embrace that some people are the way they are and come to an agreeance (ie, yes, you can compete, but only in the male devision)

Clearly, she-he has an unfair advantage over females, what do you think?
    Yes - strip him-her of the medal.
    50.00%
    No - no stripping, Caster was allowed to compete, he-she earnt it.
    47.50%
    Take it all off!
    2.50%

He/she/it has no female reproductive organs and has the worst case of man face ever, He/she/it is a man.
    Yes.

Comment

Should only be able to compete against other shims, in the event of a 'draw' the longest member wins.

Comment

Can we just say "she"?
        Originally posted by Melkor
        The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

We can, Mr The Saint, but some might find it incorrect to do so. Feel free to use whichever nomenclature you like

Comment

i dont think itll be fair to strip her of the medals but i would prevent her from competing in the future unless she conforms to the rules
            tho i have to admit the rules probably didnt take this into account
            There is no more time, even for cake. For you, the cake is over. You have reached the end of cake.

Comment

She didn't compete knowing she was a man(which she isn't either), so no.

But the records, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
                She didn't compete knowing she was a man, so no.
                You don't think she-he might have had an idea that something wasn't quite right?
                Just because she-he wasn't picked up on earlier, it doesn't mean she-he had any right competing with the women.
                FTP

Comment

If she is going to be barred from competing in the future, then her previous competition entries should be disqualified.

It's unfortunate but she has an unfair advantage, she can have her own race class.
                  This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

she > he > it = shit!

how you like my nomenclature Roger Moore?

Why have another race for the shits!?

Comment

That's called an election.
                      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Its a bit harsh to take its medals since it thought it was a she its whole life.

But then again she does have a huge advantage. Imagine if a normal woman took as much testosterone as she has in her body she'd be crazy strong.

Just allow it to keep its medals and start a new category in the paralymics??
                        Wes

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qlNEmpxQxI&feature=fvst]YouTube - NEW KATT WILLIAMS - "Poor Little Tink Tink" - Brought by Clyde[/ame]
                          NWS - Bad language

Back on topic
                          S/he entered not knowing, so you cant really blame he/r
                          What were he/r times like? Anything close to the real men in the same type of race?
                          It is a bit hard taking he/r medals away as it will no doubt cause a shit storm on the topic of racism/sexism
                          I was just raising hell I wasn't doing no harm, the cops could not appreciate my natural charm.

Comment

Originally posted by likefry View Post
                            Its a bit harsh to take its medals since it thought it was a she its whole life.
                            What about the lady that came second in the race? You don't think it's a bit harsh that she got beaten by someone that wasn't supposed to be there?
                            At that elite level I don't think you can make decisions based on whether or not you're going to hurt someone's feelings.
                            FTP

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
                              What about the lady that came second in the race? You don't think it's a bit harsh that she got beaten by someone that wasn't supposed to be there?
                              At that elite level I don't think you can make decisions based on whether or not you're going to hurt someone's feelings.

Exactly.

Ruthless but true.
                              Find me on Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X