MWTK: Window washer etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWTK: Window washer etiquette

I'm sure everyone has had their windows washed at traffic lights, regardless of whether they wanted it or not. About 30% of the time I stop at the Tonkin Highway turn off and Great Eastern Highway intersection (heading east), there are some guys there washing windows.

Anyone washing windows at traffic lights generally needs the money - even if it's not for the grandest of reasons, they want it enough to get out there and furiously squeegee the hell out of your window. I think that it's great that they do it, but sometimes (e.g. today) they will come up without asking and just go at it, despite the already clean windshield that you had. What's worse is that after they do this, I feel too bad to just sit there and not give them something, even though they have made my window worse. I always regret giving them money, as I didn't want to but felt pressured into it.

So I'm curious what others do when faced with the same situation (obviously this applies only to cages). Do you just stare at them with a blank look and let them do it? Do you wind down your window and tell them to piss off? Are you like me and are too much of a pussy to say no, and end up paying them?

If you have no original thought of your own or this has never happened to you, then have a read of this and this and then see what you think. ^_^
    Originally posted by redfern
    If its good enough to carry missiles is safe enough for you bike.

I tell them to fuck off and go apply at maccy d's instead of making my windscreen more dirty than it already was.
    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
    1985 - 2009

Comment

I get them most often at canning hwy/freeway, and they arent the type that need the money desperately, they're usually around 18 year olds who should get real jobs. I'll shake my head at them and not pay them if they decide to clean my windows. I should just turn the wipers on
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

just tell them -no thankyou as the car maker has kindly built a window washer into the car for you and it does just great cheers
        I HAD A BREEZE UP MY SHORTS AND IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

If they look at me and I shake my head and they do it anyway, then its a freebie, cos I said no.

And dont feel guilty, they probably make more money than you some days , I used to do it every now and again and the amount of people that give you 1 and 2 dollar coins is insane. I was earning like between 4-5 bucks per light change, add it all up through out the day and it is a fair bit of cash in hand work.
          Originally posted by browncow
          Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

I've never had a problem they ask me I say no and they move onto the next car.
            RIP ADRIAN LEE
            16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
            I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
              I tell them to fuck off and go apply at maccy d's instead of making my windscreen more dirty than it already was.
              Me, I don't find it necessary to be a rude asshole so I just tell em no thanks.

Comment

I got such a laugh out of watching a bloke try to clean my bike screen with a squidgee that I paid up, normally I'll shake my head and not pay up in the car.

Comment

beep the horn and wave them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Envy View Post
                    beep the horn and wave them off.
                    aren't you 16? can you even drive? hahahahaha

To the OP, just shake your head... they generally skip you then - its not that scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I wait until they're washing, then turn the wipers on and laugh when the wipers hit them on the hand.

muahahhahahahahaha!
                      /cocksnogger

Comment

there was a topic on this a while ago and the consensus was generally against them due to a couple people giving pretty bad stories from them.

I once polished up dads car and went out to the airport to pick him up. Immaculately clean all over, I had given it some time. they approached from behind and started with the filthy squeegy-both myself and dad started to go off at them in a reserved manner. They grabbed rocks and and shit to threaten us with. We didn't stick around to see how it would eventuate.
                        Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Hahaha now I'm not gonna feel bad about not paying up.

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
                          there was a topic on this a while ago and the consensus was generally against them due to a couple people giving pretty bad stories from them.
                          I searched but couldn't find any threads.

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
                          I once polished up dads car and went out to the airport to pick him up. Immaculately clean all over, I had given it some time. they approached from behind and started with the filthy squeegy-both myself and dad started to go off at them in a reserved manner. They grabbed rocks and and shit to threaten us with. We didn't stick around to see how it would eventuate.
                          Shit that must have been annoying.
                          Originally posted by redfern
                          If its good enough to carry missiles is safe enough for you bike.

Comment

I just shake my head. Once however, I got some douche start doing my windows on GE HWY even though I said no - I got out and started screaming at him. Maybe I have issues?

Comment

From a great flick 'Suicide Kings'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qZPlnV9ctQ]YouTube - Suicide Kings - Busket[/ame]
                              Originally posted by Abuse this
                              Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X