Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWTK - Should I stay or should I go?

(love that song)

OK so here is the situation. We've sold our current home here in Perth and are starting to build on our block in Gwelup. Should be about a year before it's finished. In the meantime, we're cashed up, my wife's employment ends soon (though they have offered her a *BIG* please stay letter) and my gypsy feet are getting itchy.

Anyhow I was in Cairns recently, where I call *home*, and started thinking about living back there. Some positives are:

1. Cheaper
    2. Warmer
    3. Great roads
    4. lots of friends
    5. family
    6. Work for both of us (if we want it)
    7. lifestyle

Some negatives:

1. XXXX
    2. Moving (again)
    3. No naked iinet
    4. stingers
    5. crocodiles
    6. skimpily dressed Swedish backpacker stressing my marrital status (wha!? I was just looking!)

On a serious note, I've been sitting here after coming back, with a house to pack and nowhere to live thinking the only reason we're here (apart from you guys of course) is my wife's family. And my wife can't stand their fighting etc.

The plan would be to tour (4x4) across slowly and spend time with the kiddies.

So [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ag8J2NMYmc"]YouTube - The Clash - Should I stay or should I go[/ame]

D'Art

swedish packpacker izz the choice!
    And, new motorbike (in more than one way, pics of swedish finnest would be compusary!)

Comment

the house next door to us is up for sale.....come on up!
      Originally posted by Viper
      I'm probably fucking something up.
      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
      Administrator

Comment

stay away from the xxxx and out of the ocean easy

get out of this wet shit and relax up north i say.

enjoy some good roads as well ones with corners
        Guns don't kill people, people with moustaches kill people.

Comment

That IS a tough one. On the plus side, North Queensland is a beautifil place. On the negative side, it is full of North Queenslanders! (if you thought people were backwards here..........)
          I would say do it. The east coast has a lot more variety of , well, everything compared to here and you will rarely find your self struggling to find something to do.
          After a few years you may feel recharged and start to miss Perth, so you can come back to enjoy the things you never thought you would miss (ummmmm....)
          Good luck, I'm very jealous of your situation. I've had itchy feet for a couple of years now.
          Can you help with foster care?
          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Got for it D'Art

Comment

Are you lot trying to get rid of me?

Time for a chat with the boss. She's keen but we'll have to do a runner because her sisters will kill me for sure (they LOVE their 3yr old niece).

D'Art

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Explosion View Post
                and start to miss Perth
                Don't think that will ever happen. Yes it's a nice place with nice enough people and a few corners scattered about, but it ain't home.

D'Art

Comment

Please stay.

Isn't it a bit too steamy? Needing to have a coldie in hand 24/7 meant I was nearly an alcoholic living there (as opposed to when I lived in Scotland and was nearly an alcoholic due to having a warming dram in hand 24/7).

I see you put Lifestyle as a plus for Kehns - how so?

Comment

Go for it D'Art! I would be gone in a flash if I was in your shoes at least for a couple of months anyway! Will your wifes company hold her job for her for 3 months while you travel?
                    Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

i rekon you answered your own question- time to do what makes you happy D'art, you only live once. Enjoy your trip

Comment

Go put on ya bike gear and go sit in a Sauna for 5 mins.

Thats commuting in the tropics.
                        You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Go!
                          You can always come back to perth if it does'nt work out.
                          Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

are ya kids old enough to be affected? ie school and stuff? If not, and you're family's up there. I'd probably do it. Although moving house across states really has to suck, especially knowing you've gotta come back in 12 months.
                            although 12 months isn't very long...

Live's too short, why not...

Comment

Yo D'Art

Purely selfish response from me mate - stay & play with us!

Comment

Working...
                              X