Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HWTK: Wheres the best place to throw a 'public' party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HWTK: Wheres the best place to throw a 'public' party?

In the spirit of summer coming along nicely I was thinking about throwing some parties in public areas, the legality of it, and the practicality of it..
    Example; throwing a foam party down the beach with a gen set full audio and DJ setup ect..
    Can this be done during the daytime anywhere? Maybe an oval or park or something??
    Its a broad question so answer any part of it or just include related information if you can, thanks!
    wood for life? wood is life.
    Originally posted by thro
    i only squid it when riding pissed.

You need to get in contact with the councils, you can 'book' a park, there are rules

Comment

I know that some councils also have regulations on 'street parties' and 'block parties' and you can apply for a certain street to be blocked off too...

Comment

Harns will your party include the consumption of liquor?
        Originally posted by Melkor
        The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

most certainly... unless its far far easier to have it unlicensed... then you can get drunk off-grounds and come

Comment

if you want this 100% legal AND to involve alcohol consumption, you can pretty much rule out just about ANY public venue unless its going to be a VERY big event...

Comment

i was aiming for 200 ish people.. somewhere to play loud music and have big setup, to throw a decent party during the day (possibly into the night) without the risk of house damage

Comment

just hire a local hall or sporting club for the day?

Comment

was thinking that.. just considering the option of sunlight and foam (if the venue wont allow it).
                  A side question: Im looking at foam machines on ebay for 300 or 400 bucks.. how powerful are they? ive scoured google looking for a review to get an idea of output (ie cubic feet/minute) and found nothing.
                  Will these foam machines easily cater for a decent sized DF say 40 square meters?

Comment

dunno bout the legalities but you need to get this guy to come
                    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1nzEFMjkI4]YouTube - KNEECAM No.1 - the original Technoviking tape from 2000[/ame]
                    Originally posted by browncow
                    Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

Good luck with the crashers then, because you will have a truckload of them, then they will riot and you'll be boned.
                      DO NOT TOUCH - Probably the most unsettling thing to read in braille.

Comment

Better off maybe looking around for someone with a property - and hiring a paddock off them for a weekend or something similar perhaps.
                        Originally posted by Desmogod
                        Nobody was bagging scooters, they were bagging you.

Comment

+1 to hiring a hall somewhere. A few years ago me and a couple of mates organised a hall for 3 nights for a LAN party of about 20 people. We all ended up playing games for the first day, and then got trashed for the rest of it. Once we all got trashed we just invited all our mates to the hall and basically had a big party. In the end there was about 60-70 people, so not as big as you are planning, but it worked out in the end. And we left no mess, except a broken window which we payed for.
                          ZippySig.com

Comment

also don't forget that once you 'host' the event, you are probably going to want some form of insurance in case someone dies or something like that...

Comment

can't you get around that? what happens at a birthday party if someone dies??

Comment

Working...
                              X