RWTK: Perfect Albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWTK: Perfect Albums

So as we all know music is a personal thing, My taste in music is hated by about 90% of the people on here but I still like to think that it is based on a logical appreciation of talent and musical genius.

Others I believe have atrocious taste in music and yet they too are of the opinion there taste is warranted , and who am I too argue.

But what I want to know ( yes Desmo I started a sentance with but) is what in your opinion is a perfect album?

We all have bands we love but how many have released that album which you cant fault in any way and love every single second?

I just went to the Kreator concert tonight, and for all but the most metal of heads they are just another screamy band, but I believe there 2005 album Enemy of God is the greatest album of the past ten years, every song, verse solo, riff and note is perfect, and there is not one part which I think doesnt fit and gel the whole album into the master piece it is.

Some other albums I believe to be perfect are,

Rust in piece - Megadeth
    Justice for all - Metallica
    Blizzard of Oz - Ozzy Osbourne
    Blood Sugar Sex Magic - RHCP

So who else has an Perfect album from which every song deserves its spot and every part is equally as great as any other?
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

American Idiot - Green Day
    Find me on Instagram

Comment

Killswitch engage- alive or just breathing
      trivium - ember to inferno
      rise agains - revolutions per minute

love everything on all those albums, go together so well
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Tommy Emmanuel with the Australian Philharmonic-epic album
        Visual Sound Theories-Steve Vai
        Originally posted by CBRsairz
        assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

Originally posted by Semi View Post
          Killswitch engage- alive or just breathing
          trivium - ember to inferno
          rise agains - revolutions per minute

love everything on all those albums, go together so well
          Trivium, fair call I wish the production was better on Ember though, for my money ascendancy is the best, but all 4 rule.

I will download tommy with Phil Tomorrow sounds awesome.
          My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

I'm not a fan of the newer stuff. i suppose you would be though, as a metallica fan ( i never really got into them). New trivium is very metallica.
            If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Wasnt Ember their first album? and Ascendancy their second? Its hardly newer, Ember was basically their Demo album.

Im only 50% A Metallica fan I think their first 4 albums were masterpieces and I dont even own anything after that, it was all just shit.

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
                Trivium, fair call I wish the production was better on Ember though, for my money ascendancy is the best, but all 4 rule.

I will download tommy with Phil Tomorrow sounds awesome.
                all recorded live best track (imo) is the Conceirto De Aranjuez
                Originally posted by CBRsairz
                assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
                  Wasnt Ember their first album? and Ascendancy their second? Its hardly newer, Ember was basically their Demo album.

Im only 50% A Metallica fan I think their first 4 albums were masterpieces and I dont even own anything after that, it was all just shit.
                  I dont mean ascendancy, i love ascendancy as well. I mean newer than that, like shogun

Comment

Oh ok sorry chief, I agree I think it got a little convoluted as it got newer, I still think they are heaps better than most young bands now days though.

Give Enemy of God a gig Semi and let me know what you think.

Comment

for me has to be Grace - Jeff Buckley.

not a song on there that isnt artwork.

OK computer would be up there too.

Comment

You spelt the perfect album names less than perfectly

Physical Graffiti, Caress of Steel, Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton, Wish You Were Here, Sergeant Pepper's, Paranoid, Electric Ladyland, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Melissa, Pet Sounds.

Oh, Appetite for Destruction. Very good album.

Blizzard of Ozz is really close but is let down by No Bone Movies.

Maaaaaybe The Chronic. Iunno.
                        Originally posted by Melkor
                        The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Daft punk alive 2007
                          Metalica S&M
                          Speed dosen't kill, its the slowing down that does...

Comment

Pink Floyd 'The Wall'

Comment

Originally posted by PBF View Post
                              for me has to be Grace - Jeff Buckley.

not a song on there that isnt artwork.

OK computer would be up there too.
                              Agree with both however OK Computer was the first one in my mind closely followed by Aenima. Blood Sugar Sex Magic is also flawless (victory).
                              Originally posted by Koola
                              Someone sig this.

Comment

Working...
                              X