Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HWTK: Have you ever actually had to kill an animal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HWTK: Have you ever actually had to kill an animal?

This morning I hit a roo in the ute, going about 40 or 50 and managed to cripple one of his legs and hurt him a fair bit, but he was still alive.
    I had a quick scan on the ute to find something to put him out with, so he didn't have to suffer and all I could find was a big bottle-jack extension pole.
    So I basically had to physically bludgeon this roo in the head to kill it, as it wasnt going to live and was quivering in great pain.

Probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life, it made me feel sick most of the morning.

Has anyone else had to do something like this?
    Im not talking about mice or small animals, or guns or traps or anything, but moments when you've had to watch the hooker animal actually die before you, maybe a cat or dog? Share your experiences..
    *Also queue jokes linked in from fighting thread*
    wood for life? wood is life.
    Originally posted by thro
    i only squid it when riding pissed.

I've had to watch quite a few roos die right before my eyes...

After I shot them.

Did you eat him?
    Originally posted by Amac
    suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

I'm worried about you Harns.

I have had to put our pet sheep down with an injection due to it being poisoned. Watched a couple of pets been put down. Had to finish off suffering animals or ones not cleanly killed.

Had to kill a bird once after some piece of shit used a compound bow to stick an arrow through it's neck. I'd wished it had been the other way around.
      Originally posted by Abuse this
      Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Same man , spend alot of time in the norwest, so mainly roos and emus. Have only had to euthenase 1 as a result of my own doing , but many as the result of heartless fucken tourists. NEVER gets any easier, no matter how many times I do it...
        Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

I've shot a few roos in the head with a .22 after a bad shot with the larger calibre gun has just brought him to the ground and not killed him, it was far easier than what I did today.

Comment

I don't mind shooting animals, but only to eat and I've never shot solely for sport.

Shooting is fairly impersonal, compared to beating a roo in the head with a rock because you just used the last round to wound it.

I'm in two minds about it because while I dont like to se animals suffer, I also derive primal pleasure from the hunt.e
            Originally posted by Amac
            suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

Yeah when we went out shooting we ate the legs and the tail, actually nice meat although its a bit sticky, we used the rest for dog meat for the farm dogs.

Comment

I've had to hold a roo down while a friend bludgeoned it with a fire extinguisher after hitting it with his car. It wasn't one of my favourite times.

Comment

At night, my friends cousin ran over a cat out in the country somewhere.

They got out to see what happened and found it writhing on the grass..
                  Being out in the middle of nowhere they weren't sure if it was feral or what.. So they decided to put it out of its misery.

One of them pulled a spade out of the back of the car and began the procedure when an old woman came running out of the house screaming "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TO MY CAT"
                  "Oh.. oh its your cat?... oh no.. look, We ran him over, and we couldn't leave him in this state..."
                  "WHAT!!......."
                  "look we're horribly sorry, but I think we've broken his back, he isn't responsive and there isn't...."
                  "HE'S GOT SEIZURES YOU FUCKING IDIOTS"

Which is when a passing car lit up the road and the group looked back to see several pieces of the actual cat they had run over.

Comment

Have seen many Roo's/Emu's/Fox's/Rabbits shot.

To many to eat....

Comment

Last edited by Flygirl; 02-10-2009, 09:05 PM. Reason: Ooops.
                      wings and wheels

Comment

Had to put down quite a few sheep after the fire that ripped through Tenterden 5 or 6 years ago. The mere thought of them still makes me feel sick today.
                        A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
                          At night, my friends cousin ran over a cat out in the country somewhere.
                          Originally posted by Abuse this
                          Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mekon View Post
                            picture
                            Haha that's pretty horrible, but hilarious...

I used to fish; killing a fish was bad enough for me...
                            Originally posted by redfern
                            If its good enough to carry missiles is safe enough for you bike.

Comment

lived in a regional area and used to trap rabbits, was my job as a kid was to kill and clean them.... (yes we used them for food)
                              Much later in life I was recently married and in a new house (and broke) when we trapped a feral cat. i decided to get hold of the cat and put it down.

New paragraph....

Laying on top of the feral cat (and trying to restrain it), I came to the conclusion that one of us (and it was not certain which one) was going to die.

I love cats....
                              But;
                              Never try to restrain a feral cat.
                              Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Working...
                              X