JWTK: Suspension vs Double or Nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWTK: Suspension vs Double or Nothing

Being that I may very well be faced with making this decision very shortly I put it to you, PSB, What Would YOU Do. Face suspension or try your luck with the ol' Double or Nuthin'?

There are Cons and Pros for both; with having my license suspended there is no doubt in my mind my insurance premiums go up considerably, not to mention the annoyance of not being able to drive/ride where I want when I want, and I have a fair few commitments.

When it comes to double or nothing I cant seem to go long without getting a speeding fine or two, which is my main concern when attempting to do 12 months. Plus my car is not enabled with cruize control and it's millimetres between km's on the bike's throttle.

Again, I don't want what you think I should do, What would YOU do/Have you done?

DISCUSS

My theory is that if you've racked up 12 points in 3 years, the chances are you'll get pinged for a 10km/h over at least within 12 months.

I know i sit on 10km/h+ over everywhere, and murphy says i'd definitely get picked up within 12 months for doing so if i was on double or nothing. Old habits are just too hard to break.

Hence, i'd do the time. 3 months isn't that bad (have had no license for 6 before, but i got an E license, back in the day... but that wasn't until 1.5 months after losing it)...

edit:
    Unless... you reckon you could do 12 months on a 50cc scooter?

btw - your insurance will go up irrespective of your double or nothing... legally you're supposed to tell them you've run out of points and have been suspended whether you do double or nothing or sit it out...
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

If you can't get by without a car then you just have to take the double or nothing and DO NOT SPEED.
      Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

(wot i did last year)
        Face it.
        Deal with pubic transport. (This was a horrible adventure in itself, but i did lose a bit of weight... and hair)

Fuck behaving for a whole year.

Comment

Paging Creme...

S.
          Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

I'm on double or nothing. Its easy.

(just don't get caught)

Comment

Take the 3 months - It's not that long. I have and the getting around isnt that big a deal, just requires a bit more planning. No way could I go 12 months on good behaviour.

Comment

double of nothing,sell the car use the bike, or if you cant face selling the car,drive it slower than an old bloke on sunday

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

i did my 3 months and made the most of it by studying instead of riding around, then getting a pushie i enjoyed riding and just making it work for me. i got used to it. it can be cheaper too

are you willing able to stay 10 under (to be safe) for a year?

i'd say do the time unless that's simply not an option

Comment

i took the 3 months. it was easy, far easier than behaving for 12 months. just remember if you take the good behaviour period and get a fine incurring loss of points during that time your licence is then automatically suspended for double the initial suspension period. i found i was asking myself "can i go for 3 or 6 months without a licence", not "can i go 12 months without a speeding fine". 6 months is alot longer to be without transport.

also keep in mind that if you lose your licence for accumulation of points, when you go to hand your licence in for your suspension, it won't be activated until 1 month after that date.

Comment

if it is 3 months take the time i got done for 3 month and it going fast i get it back next month

Comment

Don't pay the fine, take it to court and try get off. The worst thing they can do is tell you to pay the fine.

Check out some info on www.aussiespeedingfines.com may work / may not but could be worth the effort if you need your licence
                        Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

definately get cruise control fitted, i use cruise control all the time in the car to free my eyes from the speedo
                          Originally posted by Bendito
                          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Waikikamucau View Post
                            Don't pay the fine, take it to court and try get off. The worst thing they can do is tell you to pay the fine.

Check out some info on www.aussiespeedingfines.com may work / may not but could be worth the effort if you need your licence
                            and whatever you do, don't listen to those useless spineless parrots in legal aid, as their only real purpose is to tell you to plead guilty and pay the fine (useless pole-smoking bitch-posing-as-a-lawyer... :fuk
                            Originally posted by Pkunk
                            It is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that all blondes with good bodies look 80000000000000000000000x without blonde hair

Comment

what I want to know is ... how the fuck did you get fined with your hooters?

not showing enough cleavage each time you got pulled over or what??

Comment

Working...
                              X