Dropping off the grid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping off the grid.

I had a night at home watching the telly the other night, and was watching Spooks, this is a drama about an operational cell within MI 5 in the UK. One of the cell members was under some sort of internal investigation and had to "drop off the grid".

This led me to think just how would you drop off the grid, and become untraceable. Would you need to establish a second identity, bank accounts and phone and e mail? drivers licences and the rest of our day to day stuff. Just how would you become un traceable. Anyone, any thoughts?
    If at first you don't succeed, dont bother taking up sky diving.
    This unit is portable when carried.
    it wasn't a normal cookie, i figured that out 45 minutes into my exam.

Cash only jobs, live with someone who rents, help to pay their utilities bills with cash, don't vote, don't update any drivers license details when you move etc etc.
    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Sorry, I meant to post this in Yada Yada Yada, not in funny stuff, please can somebody move it to the right place. I have no idea how to.

Thank you.

Comment

There must be quite a few illegals managing to do this!!

Comment

Buy a Hyo and start supporting collingwood. Nobody will want to know you.
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

^^^^^ classic Barfy, love it.:-)

Comment

heh

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                Ha ha, +rep!
                Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

It all depends on whether you want to do it permanently, or just for a short time, and whether you're prepared to go overseas.
                  "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sventek View Post
                    It all depends on whether you want to do it permanently, or just for a short time, and whether you're prepared to go overseas.
                    In the show it was for a period of about four weeks, it made me think just how would I go about doing it, it would be bloody difficult.

Comment

For four weeks, just get your hands on as much cash as you can, buy some camping gear, lots of tinned food, and head bush.
                      "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

How much money you got?
                        Originally posted by Abuse this
                        Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

The situation in the show was that this particular individual have to drop off the grid but continue to communicate with the rest of the cell, but be un traceable, whilst tracking down another person. Lets say that funds were not a worry, but travel, comms and evading security cams in the area of operations was.

Comment

Its quite easy really

just find someone with no friends or family,
                            kill em, bury them, take their identity.
                            National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                              i lol'd. half way there!!!
                              "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." ~ Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                              X