Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I Pissed myself

I really like this site.

Follow the links at the bottom for more hillarity.

http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/

Gotta test this out

Comment

*mental note to self*

will check credit cards more carefully from now on....
      Originally posted by vk6hgr
      My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

yeah id watch spike with those credit cards he likes those sites that require them...... u all know the ones
        Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
        Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

I always get my signature checked and because it&#39;s a Debit Mastercard it gets check quite a few times a day <_<

Not sure I&#39;d risk going as far as he did

Comment

I travel OS quite regulary and Oz plus UK appear the only places that religiously checks signatures. Many places pass the card back before I sign. Note that in the UK with new smart cards you need both signature and PIN. They don&#39;t use the regular machine but a new type.
            However, FJ and Uncle Ho (MyFX) are 2 examples of people that dont fit this genre but fit into the forum well as well respected members.

Comment

I travel OS quite regulary and Oz plus UK appear the only places that religiously checks signatures. Many places pass the card back before I sign. Note that in the UK with new smart cards you need both signature and PIN. They don&#39;t use the regular machine but a new type.
              [/b]
              Interesting that you say they check signatures here. For about a year as a joke i signed my Visa Gold card receipts with M Mouse. Nothing even close to what my signature was. If they took a second look i would look them straight in the eyes and smile. I am a scruff, frequently with messy hair, unshaven and riped jeans or bare foot. I was asked to sign again only twice and my CC is my principle means of paying for things.
              It was not until i found out i could be breaking the law that i stopped. Once i even handed my card to a friend in front of a waiter and said "can you sign this i cant be bothered", to which my friend said "what do you want me to sign?" I replied "i just sign Mickey Mouse", so he did.
              The waiter asked if it was a company card and i said "no it&#39;s mine."
              He let it through.
              I now know that it was a fraudulant transaction and i could have got into all sorts of trouble, but i was discussing this same topic with my friend over lunch and decided to prove it without warning him.
              I think they may look at the back of the card, but i dont think they check that the signature is the same.
              sigpic

Comment

Interesting that you say they check signatures here. For about a year as a joke i signed my Visa Gold card receipts with M Mouse. Nothing even close to what my signature was. If they took a second look i would look them straight in the eyes and smile. I am a scruff, frequently with messy hair, unshaven and riped jeans or bare foot. I was asked to sign again only twice and my CC is my principle means of paying for things.
                It was not until i found out i could be breaking the law that i stopped. Once i even handed my card to a friend in front of a waiter and said "can you sign this i cant be bothered", to which my friend said "what do you want me to sign?" I replied "i just sign Mickey Mouse", so he did.
                The waiter asked if it was a company card and i said "no it&#39;s mine."
                He let it through.
                I now know that it was a fraudulant transaction and i could have got into all sorts of trouble, but i was discussing this same topic with my friend over lunch and decided to prove it without warning him.
                I think they may look at the back of the card, but i dont think they check that the signature is the same.
                [/b]
                As I understand it, it&#39;s only a fraudulent transaction if you tell your bank you didn&#39;t authorise it. Then they&#39;ll contact the shop and check the signature. If it&#39;s not yours, then the shop wears the loss and it&#39;ll prolly be taken further by the bank. So it&#39;s the shop that&#39;s taking the risk by not checking it, though if it&#39;s found that it was actually you that purchased it, then I&#39;d expect the bank to get cranky with you.
                Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

It could be the few too many drinks Ive had today - but that is fkn hilarious!

Comment

I AM ZEUS!
                    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Mine is signed.... Photo ID required

and do they ever ask!

so I ask them whay they want me to sign.... silence is golden
                      Real Men Ride Nakid
                      http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

just the other day i bought some stuff at woolies and after signing the authorisation i found i had never even signed my credit card :o so much for security! the girl asked for my bankcard which also turned out to be unsigned, then eventually settled for teh signature on my driver&#39;s licence.

who knows how many times i&#39;ve bought stuff on the card without anyone even pointing out it was unsigned

Comment

my signature never looks the same twice, and at times, i miss letters (especially if the pen is crap or the paper slips.

Dont know how anyone short of a handwriting expert would be expected to make a reliable determination if you had someone who could even do something close to your signature.
                          No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

I went to Tech Ed last year, and attended a few security seminars by the two MS security dudes (they were top blokes). One of them was talking about "identity theft", which really isn&#39;t.. but thats another story

He has been signing his credit card receipts for a while now with drawings of houses, cars, flowers... no one has pulled him up on it yet.
                            When we are born we are naked, wet, hungry and we get smacked on our arse. From there on, life gets worse.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Blog: http://gytrr1.spaces.msn.com/

Comment

that was good...
                              for a while there I had 2 different signatures on my bank cards...
                              one was signed with my full name an jus had a couple of extra curls in the letters etc, then I had another signature which consisted only of the first letter of my first name and my full last name (which has now turned into just a big squiggle)...
                              I used to always get mixed up which one was which and would sign with the wrong one half the time, got picked up once or twice for it tho...

Comment

Working...
                              X