Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth is too expensive...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W150IpqJhsY

Apologies if this has been shared before.

Yes

Comment

Lived here most of my life.

Discovered cost of living is more than the Bahamas or Bermuda.

This my friends is a frustrating place to live.
      Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

It's called supply and demand or free enterprise or capitalism.

In saying that I believe we are having a correction at the moment.

So we can soon start whinging about the proliferation of the unemployed and thieves again.
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Whinging hasn't worked so far...why not leave?

Comment

Perth is still awesome =)
            "Insert signature here"

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
              As I like to say "Don't let the door hit you on the way out". But they seem to still be here.
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Life choices.

Comment

Getting back out of the fast paced city life has been the best thing ever.
                  I had forgotten how good it was living the country dream :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gangus View Post
                    Getting back out of the fast paced city life has been the best thing ever.
                    I had forgotten how good it was living the country dream :-)
                    Where did you move to?

The minute work tells me I can continue FIFO and never have to go in the office again, I'm out of here. Bridgetown/Nannup/Pemberton is where I'm currently looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
                      [MENTION=5183]TurboR1[/MENTION] has been whining about Perth for years and he's still here.

Comment

Me too [MENTION=7104]Desmo[/MENTION], but maybe not much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
                          Where did you move to?

The minute work tells me I can continue FIFO and never have to go in the office again, I'm out of here. Bridgetown/Nannup/Pemberton is where I'm currently looking.
                          Hopetoun. Everything is more expensive than perth due to isolation/ holiday town tax. We just shop monthly in esperance.
                          Internet shopping is great. I moved here to be a full time stay at home dad and a year ago I picked up a gig operating the local powerstation on weekends and relief. We don't use the car, live in a GRO house (my wife is a primary school teacher) so we have a very relaxed situation. There is a mine site close that everyone else works at but I haven't looked at that as a lifestyle requirement :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                            [MENTION=5183]TurboR1[/MENTION] has been whining about Perth for years and he's still here.
                            It's very much the line in Fight Club... "The things you own start owning you."

Perth and its people are like wounded dogs... they hobble along, know that something is very wrong, yet when offered assistance or a direction of help they snarl and show their fangs... content in their misery. Aussies in general cop any butt fucking they get from the Government, other nations would see Government toppled by a public show of force.

If Perth is such a cultural and economical beacon as some (whose worldly knowledge extends to going to Bali) make it out to be, why haven't the world's cities come knocking on the doorstep to tap into the secret?
                            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

If you enjoy travelling, living in Perth means you make a decent wage (even on minimum wage) that when you go overseas, you're pretty much a king.

Comment

Working...
                              X