Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russel Coight returning to Ten in 2017! Time for another All Aussie Adventure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russel Coight returning to Ten in 2017! Time for another All Aussie Adventure!

The resurrection of a hapless travel character, two new Aussie dramas, and a raft of returning reality shows: these are the building blocks of Channel 10’s offerings to viewers in 2017.

Among the new offerings is Ten’s punt on laughs and nostalgia, with the return of comedian Glenn Robbins’ alter-ego Russell Coight after a 15-year absence. Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures was last seen on Ten in 2002, as an hilarious parody on the adventure travel genre.

Channelling the likes of the Leyland Brothers, Steve Irwin and Harry Butler, but with the bush skills of none of them, Coight would bumble his way through the outback in a mockumentary travel show long on sight gags, self-delusion, self-injury and failed examples of his bushcraft. He’d end each show with the catchcry “So what are we waiting for, let’s get cracking on another All Aussie Adventure”, but his mangled one-liners, scant details, fudged facts and talent for stating the blindingly obvious were what gained him cult status.

Some visitors to Australia didn’t get the joke — and actually thought travel’s antihero was real.
    Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventuresleads a modest bag of New Australian content unveiled by Ten for the next year, with Ten CEO Paul Anderson saying their network would concentrate on further increasing its prime time audience by locking in its 7.30pm reality franchises for the year.
    http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...827b6c9a8732f7

Emu's live in pairs, or alone, or in groups,
    They mostly feed at night, or during the day..

Comment

his handshakes are classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangus View Post
        his handshakes are classic!

Originally posted by Aufitt View Post
        Emu's live in pairs, or alone, or in groups,
        They mostly feed at night, or during the day..
        This place gets more rain in 12 months than some places get in a year!

Comment

Maybe he's doing it in a Landy this time...

Originally posted by Abuse this
          Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

not that idiot again

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by mekon View Post
              I've got this hanging on the wall at home

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
                not that idiot again
                Indeed.
                Comedy Coal.

S.
                Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
                  not that idiot again
                  In a modern world where comedy involves saying the word cunt repeatedly or making crude jokes about ethnicity or women, we should appreciate there's still people who can do clean, harmless Aussie comedy, and do it bloody well. It's also a locally produced show when the networks are flooded with US sitcoms and dramas.

Comment

This bloke is comedy gold.
                    A little "oh dad" rolled with some slapstick butit just works.

I'll be tuning in for sure.

Beats the hell out of most of the regular shows..
                    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Since the show last aired the 4WD adventure DVD market has blown up with Pat Callinans 4x4 Adventures, 4WD Action, Roothy's Low Range and All 4 Adventure hugely popular. Glenn Robbins has a lot of material to satire.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
                        In a modern world where comedy involves saying the word cunt repeatedly or making crude jokes about ethnicity or women, we should appreciate there's still people who can do clean, harmless Aussie comedy, and do it bloody well. It's also a locally produced show when the networks are flooded with US sitcoms and dramas.
                        yah,sorry,for a moment there i forgot about all the american shite !

i still think its low grade humour tho,but thats a personal choice [i will watch a few episodes and keep an open mind]

he was at his at his best in sylvania waters, and there's been a huge spin off of aussie comedy since that show

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

ah...Sylvania Waters was the first Reality TV program to be filmed/aired in Australia.
                          http://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/th...ers-1992/5570/
                          I think you may mean Kath & Kim ?

Glenn Robbins is a comic genious...from his early days in the Comedy Company (Uncle Arthur et al) to Russell Coight and other great iconic characters.
                          Originally posted by Viper
                          I'm probably fucking something up.
                          FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                          Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
                            +1 I'll admit some of the stuff can be a bit droll and predictable but it's good simple old fashioned humour

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
                            Glenn Robbins is a comic genious...from his early days in the Comedy Company (Uncle Arthur et al) to Russell Coight and other great iconic characters.
                            Yeah I gotta admit I prefer some of his other stuff to RC but saying that I watched the old episodes when they were shown recently
                            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                            Originally posted by Phildo
                            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                            Originally posted by filbert
                            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
                            X