X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not get a tatoo in Bangkok

Tattooist takes Cats fan's request literally | NEWS.com.au
    Tattooist takes Cats fan's request literally

AN inebriated Geelong Cats supporter wanting a permanent reminder of the team's AFL triumph is rueing his decision to get the tattoo done overseas, after the tattooist wrote the team were "Gay Premiers 2007".

In a celebratory trip to Thailand, "Neville", the dyed-in-the-wool Cats fan had 15 cans of beer to ease the pain of the five-and-a-half-hour experience.

He paid $150 for the privilege. And to ensure the Bangkok tattooist got it right, he wrote down exactly what he wanted on his right and left arms, under the headlines "right arm" and "left arm".

The tattooist took him literally.

Now he has "right arm" written on his right arm, just above "Gay Premiers 2007" because the tattooist did "Gay" instead of "Day".

"The left arm says "left arm", "Night Premiers 2006" and my two grandkids names," the man said.
    "I couldn't believe it," Neville told Southern Cross radio.

"My son-in-law walked in halfway through it and told me what happened," he said.

"Once they'd written right arm, I told them you might as well have left arm on the other one – and make it a bit fun."

Gold

Comment

because getting pissed and getting a tat done in a 3rd world country is a smart idea...

Well probably looked better than some of the parlors I have seen around Perth anyway

Comment

Best Engrish ever?
        No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
          because getting pissed and getting a tat done in a 3rd world country is a smart idea...

obviously!!

Comment

This guy is a dickhead.

That is all.
            such comment
            wow
            many post

Comment

what a champion.

Some guy on somethingawful forums recently posted a photo of his "AWESOME KANJI" tattoo which was mean to mean 'fear no man', which many japanese speaking people found hillarious as the actual translation was 'coffin guy' and the characters were mirror imaged as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                what a champion.

Some guy on somethingawful forums recently posted a photo of his "AWESOME KANJI" tattoo which was mean to mean 'fear no man', which many japanese speaking people found hillarious as the actual translation was 'coffin guy' and the characters were mirror imaged as well.
                Site dedicated to the same sort of thing
                Hanzi Smatter

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                  what a champion.

I'm guilty of the Kanji tattoo sin.

I at least made the effort with it though, went to a professional translator and had him sort it out. I'm trusting a guy who spends all day translating Japanese for Fortune 500's rather than I would a tattoo cheat-sheet on a shop wall.

Mind you, I'm also the kind of guy that would knowingly get "Baka Gaijin" in Kanji, so that doesn't count for much.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

Ninja show us your arms dude!
                    Designed by a Genius.
                    Built by Craftsmen.
                    Ridden by a TWAT!

Comment

Working...
                    X