Guy pays towing bill with 8,800 pennies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy pays towing bill with 8,800 pennies

LiveLeak.com - Pissed Off Guy Who Got Car Towed Paid Wreckers With 8,800 Pennies

That cop is awesome.
    Free android puzzle game
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TempleOfMedina

thats awesome
    RIP ADRIAN LEE
    16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
    I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

While i applaud his initiative and got a laugh out of it, it makes me really happy we have laws that stop people from doing this
      Originally posted by CBRsairz
      assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

only thing that annoyed me was calling 911 .. isn't that the same as calling 000 here?!?! for emergency only??? ....

we have laws stopping people doing that here?!?
        Vincit Omnia Veritas
        sigpic

Comment

we have laws so you cant pay in pennys/cents? or am i missing something

Comment

i would be of the opinion that you could pay a million in 5 cent coins if you REALLY wanted ... and google turns up nothing to say different ..
            Vincit Omnia Veritas
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kharntiitar View Post
              i would be of the opinion that you could pay a million in 5 cent coins if you REALLY wanted ... and google turns up nothing to say different ..
              Not legal tender, we have gone over it here many times.

Comment

Plenty of people don't work, I think that they are working the system, he did the same.
                sigpic

Comment

yeh just found it .. stupid law .. i was all planned to start paying my bills in coins aswell

From Australian currency act 1965

Legal tender

(1) A tender of payment of money is a legal tender if it is made in coins that are made and issued under this Act and are of current weight:

(a) in the case of coins of the denomination of Five cents, Ten cents, Twenty cents or Fifty cents or coins of 2 or more of those denominations for payment of an amount not exceeding $5 but for no greater amount;

(b) in the case of coins of the denomination of One cent or Two cents or coins of both of those denominations for payment of an amount not exceeding 20 cents but for no greater amount;

(c) in the case of coins of a denomination greater than Fifty cents but less than Ten dollars for payment of an amount not exceeding 10 times the face value of a coin of the denomination concerned but for no greater amount;

(d) in the case of coins of the denomination of Ten dollars for payment of an amount not exceeding $100 but for no greater amount
                  Vincit Omnia Veritas
                  sigpic

Comment

"i think she needs to go downtown..."

Comment

Originally posted by Kharntiitar View Post
                      only thing that annoyed me was calling 911 .. isn't that the same as calling 000 here?!?! for emergency only??? ....

we have laws stopping people doing that here?!?
                      Official word from the US Police: Call 911 if you want someone to attend the situation. Call the non-emergency number if you do not want someone to attend, or you feel it is optional.

E.g. When I got hit by a car - 911. Post car break in inside my apartment's secure garage - non-emergency number.
                      Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

If I was forced to take it, please take a seat...

Because...
                        I'ld...
                        be...
                        counting...
                        it...
                        one...
                        penny...
                        at...
                        a...
                        time...

If I'm working till 5 Pm, they'll be keeping me company...

Comment

My first proper job was as a service cashier for Woolies, and I'm pretty confident I could count that lot out in a whole lot less time than it took for all those cops to show up and humiliate me.
                          Originally posted by Archie
                          Give it the beans, before you redline release the beans, tap it up a gear, resume bean-giving.

Comment

Working...
                          X