No announcement yet.

Recorded programs on Foxtel IQ to DVD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded programs on Foxtel IQ to DVD?

Hey guys,

I have a shit load of stuff on this IQ thingo that I have saved.

Rather than capture it to the computer and edit it then burn to dvd like I would doing bike footage vids, I would like to copy from foxtel IQ to a dvd burner.

is this at all possible?

What would I need, and can anyone recommend what equipment is good?

Does it turn out any good?

Please answer the question assuming you are talking to someone who has no clue about what you are talking about (heh, thats me)

Thanks

Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Rob,

I dont think you can record from Foxtel onto a DVD or another digital medium (digital to digital) based on the info here :- http://www.dtvforum.info/lofiversion...hp/t23828.html
    Not saying that what is in there is gospel, but these guys know their sh*t.
    You could output to a DVD recorder perhaps using the RCA/fiber/Co-ax outputs (sort of a high quality digital-analogue-digital copy), or output to a PC capture card and re-encode into MPEG2 (DVD format), but you`ll loose a heap of quality and dont think you can port the surround sound across using this method.

Could try reading the http://www.dtvforum.info/ forum, as theres alot of information in there. Maybe you can find an answer.

hope it helps

Comment

Those DVD recorders in the shops, are they for ripping only, or can they be used to record straight from the telly onto a DVD disk kind of like a VCR?

If I could record onto a DVD disk like a VCR does on to a tape, that would be ok.
      Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by MisterP@Sep 20 2005, 03:01 PM
          dont think you can port the surround sound across using this method.

[snapback]161298[/snapback]
          If it is 5.1 only, then no you won't get that across analogue (Red & White) RCA connectors, but if it is Dolby Surround (ProLogic) then that is fine as this is encoded in a stereo mix. Probably isn't 5.1 transmission that was recorded in any case but either way even if it was the player would output down mixed 5.1 to 2.0 out of the analogue audio outputs, so you would get some form of stereo mix which your amp/receiver would then convert to Prologic.

Hope that makes sense!
          I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Working...
          X