Acer screen prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Sounds like the inverter is dead, but if you want it fixed by Acer they'll want to swap out the entire screen. If it's going to cost too much for what the machine's worth, it's time for a new one. If the old laptop's got a HD15 screen output on it though, it'll still serve admirably as a web server or router/firewall or some such thing. Grab a Linux boot cd and you could run the whole thing on that; rip out the laptop hard drive and sell it on ebay or (better) wack it in a 2.5" enclosure as a usb portable drive.

Sorted

Leave a comment:

• steve157
    replied
    Originally posted by Klink@Sep 22 2005, 04:55 PM
    First mistake... ACER... lol just kidding...

Yes sounds like the flouro. Did all of you boys and girls know that LCD screens are lit by flouro tubes in the side panels?

I do not think its a replacable part. Last I heard all LCDs were repair by replacement (the whole LCD).
    [snapback]162582[/snapback]
    Thanks yes and regards to the acer bit am starting to think you are right, wish I stayed with my Tosh.

Leave a comment:

• Klink
    replied
    First mistake... ACER... lol just kidding...

Yes sounds like the flouro. Did all of you boys and girls know that LCD screens are lit by flouro tubes in the side panels?

I do not think its a replacable part. Last I heard all LCDs were repair by replacement (the whole LCD).

Leave a comment:

• Barfridge
    replied
    Yup, sounds like the backlight. These are usually cold cathode flourescent lights. I have no idea about what type, and how easy they are to replace.

Leave a comment:

• steve157
    started a topic Acer screen prob

Acer screen prob

Help, my screen on my acer laptop has gone really dull over night and also flickers when the processor is working, have tried to increase brightness on the hotkeys with no luck am I missing something, is there a back light that can go or is it just f*$Ked. Oh its two years old.
    Thanks.....
Working...
X